Chapter 10

Hey readers,

Thanks for the comments and votes guys and I apologise for the seriously long wait, but I’ve been busy lately which is why I haven’t been able to take the time and just sit down and write. But here is the chapter so I hope you read and enjoy.

Lots of Love

xxx

Chapter 10

Holly’s Pov

Why was he staring? He hadn’t stopped looking at me since he entered and while I should have felt uncomfortable under his piecing gaze I found it impossible to be so. It was as if even though my brain was telling me that I should fear him, that he was a stranger and that he could be dangerous, my body was telling me that I was safe around him. I didn’t know what to think, but all I knew was when he offered me food I was stunned into complete and utter silence.

I couldn’t help but scrunch up my features in confusion as I stared at him, the fact that he had returned with food only minutes ago only increasing my confusion. Why was he doing this? He had to have an alternative motive right? People just didn’t go around helping rouges they had planned to attack, especially not an alpha like himself.

It was a few long minutes after he took a seat at the edge of the bed that I slowly reached for the fork, watching him with keen eyes in case he changed his mind. I expected him to snap, to say it was all a joke before he attacked me but again my body, my wolf wouldn’t allow me to. Surprisingly she was quiet, as if she was contemplating what was going on and why she suddenly felt almost at peace with herself. What was going on?

When he didn’t make a move to stop me I breathed in deeply, the heavenly scent filling my senses as I nearly moaned at the aroma coming off the food. While his cooking was nice, it being the first full meal I had ever been given, I found his own natural scent smelt better. It was musky and masculine, making it clear that he was an powerful alpha who meant business. Again I found myself wondering why he was being so nice to me, my body accepting it but my mind was whirling due to never having been treated like this before. Even if it was a joke before he attacked, it would be a nice memory before everything went black I thought.

“Please eat sweetheart” he breathed with a smile, watching my movements as he did so. He hadn’t stopped staring at me, his amazing hazel eyes which looked so much like caramel. I was shocked to find that there wasn’t that much different between the colours of our eyes, mine just slightly more vibrant making them look amber. It soothed me, knowing how gorgeous his eyes were…

I rapidly shook my head at the thought as soon as it had crossed my mind, feeling shame and self-loathing set in as I realised that such an alpha would never look at me in that way. I was put on this earth to be unloved and hated, I had gotten used to it by now and I knew that nothing was going to change that. He will have his fun with me, trying to raise my hopes of something better from life before taking it away from me when he was bored.

Taking a shaky breath I continued to stare at him, not being able to help myself as I did so. What did such a beautiful and handsome man want with me? I could tell he looked to be a few years older than me, maybe 18 or so. I wondered how long he had been an alpha for, the Jewel Pack was very well-known and feared due to the impressive leadership and I suddenly felt incredibly inadequate as I sat in his presence. Why wasn’t I dead?

Slowly I put the small amount of omelette I had on my fork into my mouth, feeling my lips wrap around the cool metal as I took a bite. It was delicious, it was a shame my body wouldn’t be able to take a lot of it.