The Woman in the Brotherhood(Sandor Clegane x fem!reader)

You were staring at him again. Sandor could feel your eyes on him as you all set up camp. He shook his head and returned his attention to what he was doing. He was learning to ignore the looks you gave him, knowing they were looks of disgust and distrust. You'd been watching him intently since Sandor decided to join the Brotherhood without Banners in their journey North. He'd immediately captured your attention and you grabbed his.

Sandor mainly ignored you when you were near him, or he'd flat out tell you to leave him be. Not that you listened. He couldn't afford to get attached, no matter how beautiful you were. However, when you weren't looking, Sandor would watch you. He wouldn't stare, but he would observe you. The way you moved, the way you spoke, the way you interacted with the others and the way you trained. You trained hard, not caring if you were covered in dirt and sweat. That was Sandor's favorite. Still, he knew there was no way you would see him as anything other than a disfigured killer.

So, it confused him when you began placing your bedroll next to him at night. Instead of saying anything, Sandor chose to ignore you. You didn't seem to get the message because you continued every night for several weeks. Not only that, you began walking with him during the journey and trying to talk to him. There was a part of Sandor that wanted nothing more than to talk to you. To, maybe, fall in love with you. The gods, if they were real, seemed to put you in his life for a reason. But then, there was the louder part of him that said you could never love him. And that was the part he listened to time and time again.

You let out a soft sigh as Sandor turned away from you again. "You know he will not stop pushing you away. Perhaps you should try a different approach," your leader offered, giving you a knowing smile. You rolled your eyes. "I do not know what you mean, Dondarrion." His one eye focused on you. "Yes you do, Y/N. Clegane is a man who believes there is no redemption for him. Perhaps you can make him see there is." He got up, leaving you there to ponder his advice. You looked up and met Sandor's gaze for a brief second.

Not tearing your eyes away from him, you got up and walked over to Sandor. "Clegane, my muscles could use a stretch. Care to train with me?" He gave a grunt before he chuckled. "I might hurt ya, little dove. Best ta stay trainin' with Dondarrion's men." You scoffed and took a step closer so you could lower your voice. "Between you and me, I've trained with all of them. I know every single one of their moves. I know how they think. I need more of a challenge."

He stared at you. "Why would ya want ta do that?" You shrugged before giving him a bright smile. "Good way to get out some tension. Surely you can feel it too?" His eyes narrowed but he nodded. "Fine but if ya get hurt, don't say I didn't warn ya." You smirked before leading him away from the camp. As soon as you were far enough away, you unsheathed your sword and swung around at him, almost catching him by surprise. He defended beautifully as you continued to attack.

"Why do you keep ignoring me, Clegane?" you asked as you blocked one of his thrusts. "What do ya mean?" You fought the urge to roll your eyes again. "I mean, why won't you speak to me? Every time I try, you push me away." For a moment, he said nothing, prompting you to ask again. "I'm tryin' ta keep ya safe. Tryin' ta keep myself safe." Your brows furrowed together. You were about to open your mouth when you heard the tell tale whizzing of a loosed arrow.

Before you could react, you felt yourself being thrown to the ground. "Oof." You opened your eyes to find Sandor hovering over you. You glanced over to find the arrow stuck in the tree right next to where your head had just been. You let out a sigh of relief as you laid your head back down on the ground. Only then did you realize how close Sandor actually was. His cheeks were a faint pink color, but he made no move to get up.

His brown eyes met yours. "Are ya alright?" You couldn't speak so you simply nodded. After a moment, you found your voice. "Is that what you meant by keeping yourself safe?" He shook his head. "No. I meant I can't risk fallin' for a woman that's never gonna love me." Your eyes widened before you laughed. "You are an idiot," you whispered, reaching up and pulling his face down to yours until your lips crashed together. You were both so into the kiss and the feeling of your bodies pressed together, you didn't notice Beric and Thoros standing at the tree line.

"Was that really necessary, Thoros?" Beric asked as Thoros handed over the bow. "How else would we have gotten that result? Clegane is a changed man, as we all see. He needed to know that there is still hope for him. The Lord of Light is much kinder than the Seven or the old gods. Her love proves that to him. They just needed a little push." Beric scoffed but followed Thoros away from the clearing.

You broke away from Sandor to breath. "Ya called me an idiot." You rolled your eyes again. "Is that truly all you took away from that?" Sandor actually smiled. A real, genuine, happy smile. "No. I also took this," he replied before leaning down and kissing you again, gently as if he was afraid he'd break you. He pulled away. "Why me?" You returned his smile and answered, "Because you aren't like other men. You are dangerous, yes, but you feel deeply and you truly care. You are not like the stories say. You are a great man, even if you don't see it."

He cupped your cheek with one hand, the other keeping his weight from completely crushing you. He smashed your lips together. This time when you parted, he rested his forehead on yours. "Thank ya." You laughed, telling him it was nothing. "Now, would you mind letting me up? I truly did intend to train." With a chuckle, Sandor got up and helped you to your feet. In an instant, you both hand your swords in hand again. You laughter carried over the wind to the camp, causing the men of the Brotherhood to smile.

2