Chapter 15

Ellie had returned to Kate's room later last night with a swollen face and a pair of slightly red eyes. She had sobbed again seeing Kate and was enveloped in a bear hug by her. Victor had joined in and made that a group hug immediately after.

The night passed by as the trio consoled each other, feeling in their bones the scary jolts of this electricity-charged storm they were facing.

As morning arrived, and the doctor came again, Kate was finally given the green signal to get discharged from the hospital.

"I'm going to transfer you to Dr. Rex Gonsalves, he's a specialist in brain tumors. For now, I'm going to prescribe you some medicines to suppress the symptoms of your tumor, and its cancerous cells, but your treatment for cure from now on will be decided by Dr. Gonsalves," the doctor informed Kate, who was in the hospital bed in a sitting posture now, Victor and Ellie standing on both sides of the bed.

They were all staring at the doctor intently, hearing him with utmost concentration.

"So, when can we meet Dr. Gonsalves now?" Victor asked.

"It's the weekend today and he's out of the city attending a conference recently, but I'll put Kate as an urgent case into his appointments so you can meet him right after he arrives at the hospital tomorrow evening," the doctor replied.

The doctor left after answering some more of Victor and Ellie's queries about Kate's illness and about the do's and don'ts, throughout it all Kate had stayed quiet - just listening, feeling nauseated with all of this suddenly.

Victor went to prepare Kate's discharge papers after that.

Ellie stayed back, helping Kate change out of her hospital gown and into a regular dress.

"Please, Ellie, don't be so quiet now," Kate sighed as Ellie helped her close the zip behind her dress. "This silence doesn't suit you."

Kate held Elli's wrist and had her move around to stand before her. 

Ellie bit her lip. "I'm scared, Kate, and I'm surprised. How can such a kindhearted woman like you have to go through all this lot of sadness and loss? You're the most wonderful person I've ever met in my life, you even don't kick my ass when I go over the limit crazy sometimes," she threw her hands up in exasperation. "Why does it have to be you always suffering from this most terrible stuff? It makes me suddenly wonder if God really is just sitting blind and looking pretty up there over the clouds while good people keep suffering beneath!"

It's pure logical reasons that make people fall out of faiththe highly over-rated faith.

Kate didn't know how to respond to Ellie's outburst. These were the questions she had been asking herself every single minute of every bloody day too!

"I'm so not going to go to a f*cking church ever until—" Ellie announced determinedly. "Until you are well again, Kate, I swear to everything holy."

However, faith isn't any less mighty, always possessing the vigor to entice those fallenalways giving the temptation of miracles.

--

Alex was seething in his room.

The investigator he'd hired just informed that Kate's doctor refused to disclose any of his patient's information without their consent. And that scoundrel of a doctor even refused to get bought by him - not that Alex offered a lot of money. He was unable to do that, apparently, no matter how much he wished to.

His companies were drowning, and with that, the jobs of thousands of people working in them. In his current state, he could not afford to bribe a scoundrel of an honorable doctor.