Chapter 5

"Oh my god! Mia!" I scream as soon as I see her. It's lunch time on Monday and whilst she said she'd be in for the last two lessons of the day - meaning she's already been in school for an hour due to our weird time table - I didn't actually believe her.
"Hey guys" she laughs, pulling up the seventh chair on our table.
"We've missed you so much!" Ella smiles brightly.
"And so much has happened" Amy grins.
"But first we need to know all about New York" Skye finishes.
"What was your favourite part of the trip?" Lucy asks.
"Um, the Empire State Building although the Statue of Liberty was cool but then again Kpop Town was awesome and Times Square. Oh my god, Times Square." She tells us, indecisive as ever. "Let's just say that we're going on holiday there together"
"Ok" we all laugh.

So we spend the rest of lunch, all 40 minutes of it, pouring over the details of her trip. It sounds incredible and I know she loved it. She visited Korea town and bought some albums as well as little packs of photos for us - she gave me the Seventeen set. It feels good to have us all back together.

"Have we got physics next?" She asks.
"Yeah, the only one this week" Rosie tells her as we pick up our bags, the bell having just gone to tell us to head to our lessons.
"Typical. I missed the week out of the two that had three physics lessons in" she grumbles, referring to our time table that's based over two weeks - A and B.
"Never knew you had such a passion for physics" Lucy teases, making Mia flush red.
"Oh quit it, we all know that it's fun" Ella chides. "Besides, Rae seems to be enjoying it more these days"
"Ella" I warn, sending her a warning look.
"Why? Does she have a crush on Logan because of she does, you guys would be so cute!" Mia squeals.
"No, I don't. I have no intention of making our table the couple table. I think you and Liam are enough" I say airily.
"We aren't dating" she defends.
"But you wish you were" Amy helpfully reminds us.
"Anyway, I'm enjoying history much more if that's the route you're following."
"Only because you sit next to him" Rosie laughs, still not mentioning a name.
"History has always been my favourite subject. Besides, he isn't as great as everyone and everything makes him out to be" I explain.
"Wait, is this about the new student? I heard that there was one. From what I've heard, of the three days they've already been here, they always turn up part way through the day and have yet to attend all five lessons." Mia muses.
"Yeah, but then again they've had to settle in since they're from abroad and have had loads of stuff to sort out" I tell them all, making them wonder how I know so much just as we reach the class room.
"Yeah, but who?" Mia asks so desperately it seems as if she's in agony.
"You'll just have to wait and see" Skye laughs, patting her on the back as we walk inside.

We all disperse to our tables, unpacking pencil cases and books from our bags. Slowly, everyone else in the class starts to trickle in and repeat the process. The chatter begins to die down as everyone sits although, as predictable as ever, Chenle and Jisung only just make it through the doors before the lesson begins - the last ones. I check over my shoulder as they enter though Mia doesn't notice - we both have our backs to the door and she wasn't paying much attention to anything.

They walk over to us and I feel that Jisung is slightly excited at the prospect of meeting my best friend. The conversation on Saturday ultimately turned to more about me, leading to explanations of my friends, hobbies, books I've read etc meaning they know quite a bit about her. Chenle on the other hand barely seems to be bothered, intent on just getting on with the lesson. I wonder what's gotten him into a bad mood?

They place their bags on the table, quickly piling the stuff they need onto the desk before dashing off to put them in the racks. Mia, confused as to the sudden additions to our table without actually looking at them, turns to me to confirm that the two new boys are sitting on our table.