29.

Say hi to Bonnie ^^

"Spit it out."

Harry hissed from his position on the edge of the bathtub as I cleaned and dressed my minor wound. I sighed heavily finishing up my hand and drifting over to sit beside Harry resolutely.

"Well," I sniffled, ". . Anne came by. . and wanted me to tell you to go to this, stupid reading class, and I refused because it wasn't fair, it was pretty disgusting actually. .and she got angry at me and destroyed my decorations. Basically." I huffed, wiping under my eyes to rid of any remaining wetness.

All was silent in the bathroom for a few minutes while Harry processed my words.

"Why the fuck did you refuse?" He asked in a voice that implied that I was pretty stupid making me frown as I turned to face the side of his face.

"Because it's disgusting! How can she do that to you? I couldn't not let her know that what she was doing was horrible and wrong!" I hissed staring at him, watching as he came clenched his jaw tight turning to face me, green eyes darkened.

"Why the fuck do you even give a shit?"
He growled out. His rough voice sending shivers down my spine as we glared at each other unwaveringly before I broke it and averted my gaze to my hands.

"Because it's not right Harry." I murmured softly tilting my head upwards to catch his reaction to my words. He scoffed, turning to face me with a heated glare which sent shivers through my body.

"Well, there are a lot of things in this world that aren't right, princess."
He said roughly, his brows furrowed low over his green eyes as he crossed his arms making me gulp as his muscles were made more visible through his thin shirt with the action.

"Yes," I said softly resting my hand on his large bicep, my hand completely dwarfed by the large muscle, as I agreed to his words, "And I can't fix or change any of them, but this is happening right in front of me. . . and you can't possibly expect me to do nothing about it, and like it or not Harry, we're kind of family now." I said sincerely, removing my hand as I felt his reaction to that particular point wouldn't be too pleasant.

He raised a threatening eyebrow as his jaw clenched, a muscle jumping in his cheek making me roll my eyes with a giggle.

"Fine, friends--okay, okay, acquaintances." I said with a raise of my hands upon seeing the look on his face when I mentioned friends. "God, give me that at least." I said with a nudge not really knowing when I got so comfortable with Harry but I just felt so relived to see him after Anne came by, and after my horrible flashback. I didn't really know, I just felt safe with him.
He had proved many times that he could look out for me, and protect me when needed, for example, when that guy popped round for a friendly visit in the dead of night, and also when Mike tried to lure me into bed with him at my first party, and when that guy grabbed me at Harry's fight. So, he may not like me, but it was comforting knowing that he was at least somewhat protective, it felt good.

His posture relaxed slightly making me smile softly as I looked away to hide my red cheeks, not really knowing why I was blushing, I just felt like we were making good progress, from the carnival, to now. Just wait, I would crack him eventually. Like a walnut.

I sighed heavily remembering something depressing which dampened our mood--okay, well my mood, Harry's mood was always damp as hell anyway.

"She ruined my bottle decorations." I pouted sadly. "I worked really hard on them." I frowned looking at him for answers for some reason.