86

AN: This chapter will cover the time span of one month. By the end of this chapter, it'll be March.

It had been more than a few days since Eira had been back in Mystic Falls. She hadn't gone to see Klaus yet because all her fears and her doubts, mixed with nervousness made her avoid going to him. She was scared that he might reject her, and now that she knew she loved him, she couldn't handle that. She had a talk with Stefan about her insecurities.

"What... what if he doesn't want me anymore?" Eira questioned Stefan, pacing the floor and fumbling with her hands nervously.

Stefan walked up to her and put his hands on her shoulders, making her stop pacing and actually focus.

"There is no possible way that he doesn't love you still," Stefan reassured. "I've never seen someone so crazy about someone as he is for you."

That eased her mind a little. But she still waited, avoiding the inevitable. Time passed, though and it was time for Elena's funeral. All the Salvatore's attended along with Elena's loved ones. The Salvatore brothers were dressed in tuxes and Eira wore a black dress with black heels.

Everyone cried except for the Salvatore's. Damon wasn't going to show his feelings in front of so many people. Stefan and Eira just didn't care enough to shed tears.

But as Eira was at the funeral and she heard so many people say how they didn't get to say goodbye. It made Eira think about regrets and about death. Eira most definitely didn't want waste time by making regrets, and then die knowing that she didn't live life how she wanted.

Eira didn't plan on making regrets with Klaus. So, after the funeral and everyone started leaving to go home, Eira followed her heart. Her heart was with Klaus.

Eira walked, she wanted to walk. She walked to Klaus's mansion, carrying her heels. She thought up a long, inspiring speech as she walked. She planned to say all the words that she had thought of. But when she stood outside his door after knocking on it and putting her heels back on, preparing to say all the words, he opened the door and her speech left her mind as soon as she saw him.

She stood there for a moment just looking at him. Klaus was more than uncertain as to why she was there, but he didn't say anything as Eira's mouth open and closed. Eira's heart had completely taken over and she launched herself at him, wrapping her arms around his neck in a hug.

Klaus stood there more confused than ever, but nevertheless, he wrapped his arms around her and he held her. Eira just held onto him, never wanting to let go.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," those were the first words that exited Eira's mouth as she hugged him.

"Love, you're going to have to be a bit more specific," Klaus stated and Eira pulled away slightly, but she didn't leave Klaus's arms.

"I'm sorry for how I dealt with you for the past few months. I was so stupid and idiotic. I realize that now. I know how I feel now," Eira explained and she looked at him with a smile forming on her face. "I remember. I remember us."

Klaus froze at those five words. He thought he was dreaming. It had to be. The girl that he loves showed up at his door and fulfills his every wish by telling him she remembered him. It was most definitely a dream.

Eira continued with a smile still on her face,"I remember in Chicago when I said you were impossible. And you are, but I'll happily deal with you. I remember when I promised eternity to you. Eternity is our forever."