T W O

CHAPTER 2

HARRY

I wake up from my sleepless night, feeling the cold sheets beneath me. The bed feels too big, too lonesome. The space next to me is filled with aching nothingness, and I don't think I can sleep properly until I have her back.

My swirling thoughts were too much for me to handle. My body is weak. I am still affected by the many ounces of whiskey I poured down my throat. It feels as if I have lost every bit of strength in me in the past hours.

I still don't know how things are with the police. Granted it's been about 10 hours since they left, I'm desperate for information. If they know anything.

I did my best to stay in the apartment like the officers asked of me, but around 3am I had had enough of the relentless pain, so I went out. I regret it now, as the room keeps spinning, and every move hurts like hell.

I am stuck in this state between being asleep and being awake, and I keep forgetting she's gone. I reach out my hands, to feel her on my fingertips, and my heart falls every time I'm reminded that she isn't there. Every inch of me longs for her.

My mind craves her's.

My body craves her's.

My soul craves her's.

I'm afraid to tell anyone what happened. I know I have to, but I'm scared that people will confirm my worry that this is my fault.

Plus, one of the police officers said that they will contact her next-of-kin when they open the case. Which can be any day now.

After that, the story will be released to the press which I am dreading, but hopefully it will help. If more people know about it, the more likely will it be that Zayn is found. I can't imagine what Claire is going through right now. My whole body shivers, the cold reaching to every inch.

I don't want to get up without her. I feel like if I get up and face the situation, it will become that more... real.

I noticed Claire's phone on the nightstand last night, making the situation that much more hopeless. She didn't have her phone on her, which means that we can't track it to her location.

She is somewhere out there, afraid and alone.

•

"It's been fucking 24 hours! How can you not have any information, any leads?!" I shout at the lieutenant, his disgusting calm expression infuriating me.

"We're doing all we can, but you need to be patient. These kinds of cases usually take time to open." He folds his hands together, behind his desk.

I know I'm irrational. I came here just after a day without her, but I just can't stand another second with no effort being put into finding her.

"Patient? I wouldn't have to come here if you just did your fucking job!" I get up from my chair, and two officers hurry into the office. They are about to throw me out, but I leave on my own. I get into the public office space, and everyone is staring at me. I shouted every sentence in there, so they must've heard it all.

Fuck it, if they're not going to do anything, I will.

I hurry out of the building, and get into my car.

"Paul, drive home," I order my driver, and he soon drives out of the parking lot. My whole body quickens in a second when I realize; Paul was he last person to see Claire before she was taken.

"Paul, did you see anything last night?" I lean forward in the car. He looks at me in the rearview mirror, and his eyes turn soft.

"I'm sorry Sir, but right when I dropped her off, you called me and told me to pick you up," he reveals, and my stomach drops.

If I had just went home with her.

"Oh," I release, falling back in my seat. I stay silent the rest of the trip, with a clear goal in mind when I get to the building.

"Thank you," I tell Paul and get out of the car when we arrive. I get to the reception, where a different receptionist than before sits. I guess she quit.

"Security tapes from last night, now."

She looks up at me, blinking a few times.

"I'm sorry Mr. Styles, but I can't-

"Now!" I urge, knocking my fist onto the desk. She jumps slightly, and slowly moves her stare to the computer in front of her. Her fingers shake as she types something, and puts a disc into it. She breathes heavily, and I feel bad for scaring her, but frankly-If that what it takes... so be it.

Her lips shut, she reaches after the disc after a few minutes and hands it to me.

"Thank you," I say, staring at the disc, clenching my fingers around it. I hurry away and into the elevator.

I get up to the flat, and walk to my office--putting the disc into my computer right away.

A shot of the elevator appears, and a few dreadful minutes go by with nothing. But suddenly, an average height man enters, wearing a mask. Zayn.

He holds something shiny and small in his hands, and I feel nauseous when I discover what it is--a knife.

He stands uneasily, frantically moving around in the elevator. When the doors slide open, he walks inside the apartment and nothing happens before the elevator travels down to the lobby and Claire steps in. I feel my hands clench into fists as I anxiously view the terrifying tape.

Once Claire gets to the top floor, my heartbeat accelerates. I don't blink for the next few seconds, and I fast forward to when I hear her choked scream. By instinct, I get out of my chair and my body enters a state of panic when I see her get dragged into the elevator.

He holds a grip over her throat, pulling her from behind.

"No!" I shout into the void when I see the blade forced pressed against her throat. He holds it there, and she slowly stop moving, fearful of it having it cut her.

Fury and panic boils in me as he pulls her out, and the elevator made empty.

I jump when I hear the ding from the elevator from the living room, and I close my computer, wiping a tear away from my cheek. I approach the door to get to the living room, but it's shoots open before I touch it.

And I'm knocked to the floor when the forceful fist collides with my nose.

A/N

Merry Christmas Eve!

Did you like this chapter?

See you in the next one loves xx