{Chapter 5}

•Your POV•

"Wait! Can I go to L's funeral?" You asked. "I don't see why not." Light said, holding his shoulder.

You smirked. 'At least I got to hurt him.' "Light, you're hurt! Why should we reward her?" His father said. Light held his hand out. You grabbed it and twisted it. "I don't need your help."

Chief Yagami pushed you back down, his boot on your chest, pinning you down. "Don't move, (Y/N) (L/N)" Chief Yagami said. You barely moved your arm, and when he didn't react, you moved your arm more. He pressed the cold metal of the gun to your head

"Stop being cocky, (L/N). I will shoot." He said. "Do you think I fear death? Everyone I love has died. If you want me to die. Then go on," You smiled at him. "Shoot me." You said icily. Chief Yagami's hands were trembling as he reached for the trigger. Light grabbed the gun. "Don't shoot her." He said. Chief Yagami looked at Light then at you. He sighed angrily and let you go.

--At the Funeral--

"We should execute Kira, as a parting gift to L." Light said. You were in the front, you didn't have any nice black clothes, so you were wearing ripped black skinny jeans, and an oversized black sweatshirt. You placed the flowers and the strawberries on his grave. A pain shot through your arm and leg as you got off your crutches and placed the gifts down. 'Damn it! I don't see why I got shot!'

Everyone was walking away, except you and Light. "C-can I have a moment alone, (Y/N)?" Light asked. You glared at him and got up, and Light helped. You weren't denying his help, because you needed it. You sat on a bench a few feet away, 'Wait, is he laughing?' He threw himself on L's grave, as if he was challenging L from heaven.

When the worst of it was over, you walked over to Light. "What are you doing over here?" You sneered. He nearly jumped out of his skin. "Praying for L..." Light hesitated. You narrowed your eyes. "Okay, I just came over to..." You stopped when you saw the flowers scattered and the strawberries strewn.

Your eyes widened. You went over and threw your crutches over on the grass. Ignoring the horrible pain shooting through your leg, you began tiding everything up. Tears uncontrollably fell. When you finished, you sat down and wrapped your arms around your legs.

You felt someone wrap their arms around you. You looked up and saw Light. Behind him was the Task Force. Light hugged you, "Im sorry, (Y/N)..." Light said, you didn't have the strength to fight back, argue, or push him away. You sat there crying in your legs. He rubbed your back with one hand, and stroked your (H/L), (H/C) hair with the other.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"You'll join him soon." Light whispered in your ear.