Bathroom Revelation

The next day, you were getting ready for school in your bedroom. Your uniform fit rather snugly recently, you noticed. You needed to lay off your mom's cooking. However, with your curly hair done cutely and your necklace and earrings that Jimin had given you for your last birthday, you felt satisfied with your appearance.
After getting ready, you went downstairs to kiss your mom goodbye. She was on the couch, watching the news.
The announcer's voice caught your ear.
"Recently, multiple attacks in the area have caught the attention of local police. Small groups of males have been attacked and kidnapped after being injected with a clear, liquid-like substance. The identity and function of this substance have not yet been identified. However, strange side-effects have been noticed among a number of the few men who have been able to escape from these attacks."
That's the same thing that happened to the boys!
As you watched, the camera panned to a man in a hat standing next to the reporter, looking nervous.
"This man managed to escape his attackers, but three of his friends were taken. Sir, what effects have you noticed from the drug you received on the night of the attack?"
The reporter shoved his microphone into the man's face, almost hitting him in the teeth.
The man hesitantly reached up, grasping his hat. "I haven't been sick or anything," the man said. "Just this. But this is..." The hat was fully removed from his head, making you gasp in shock at what lay underneath.
Were those...ears?
Pointed brown ears rose up out of the man's curly brown hair. They quivered
The man's cheeks were cherry red as he tightly held his hat. "This is ridiculous," he cried. "I have ears. And a tail!"
You gaped in dismay at the television. "Ears...and a tail..."
The tail was long and wagged like a dog's. You shook your head, trying to dispel the awful image from your mind. Surely not...
You suddenly had a vision of Jimin, Yoongi, and Kookie in a pile on the floor. Jimin and Kookie both had patterned black and white ears, their long fluffy tails waving joyfully as they play wrestled. Yoongi sat back, not participating but allowing the two younger boys to tumble over his lap and bat at his shorter yet fluffier tail.
You shook yourself out of your vision, drowning in a strange mixture of horror and warmth. Even though the boys with ears and tails would be adorable to the extreme, you wouldn't know what to do.
"Is something wrong, sweetie?" Your mom asked.
You shook your head slowly and left for school. Outside, Jimin joined you, taking your hand as you walked to school together. You were highly relieved to see that he looked completely normal with no ears or tail to be found. You didn't even want to bring the subject up.
Instead, you told him, "You shouldn't even be coming to school today. You need to be home, recovering."
Jimin rolled his eyes at you, grinning. "Your concern is touching, Muffin. But home is boring without you there."
You sighed, feeling drained. Your head drifted down to rest on his shoulder. "How do you feel?" you mumbled to him.
His fingers ran through your hair gently. "I'm fine, Y/N. Really."
"Do you promise?" you pressed.
"Promise."
"Then I'm sure this won't hurt at all." You dug a finger unto his ribs, right where you knew his bruise was. Jimin howled in pain, jumping away from you and holding his side. He gifted you with an injured look, pouting through his eyes.
"Liar," you grouched, walking off without him. You were kind of upset still. You wanted them to stay home.
Limping, Jimin hurried to catch up with you. "Love me, Muffin," he simpered, using those big, pouty eyes on you.
You huffed in resignation. "You're all idiots. Every last one of you."
"We are," Jimin said lightly. He took your hand again, grinning in victory. "We're your idiots."

***

Math was your worst subject. It was a daily torture to your poor mind. Your only saving grace was Yoongi, who was very good at math and happened to sit directly beside you.
Even though they were sore and bruised, the boys had insisted on coming to school today. Well that is, Jin and Namjoon had insisted, threatening to drag the unwilling members such as Taehyung and Yoongi out by their hair if they tried to stay home. You were currently greatful for that as you leaned close to Yoongi, trying to hear his voice as he attempted to explain a math problem to you.
"You see, if x was here originally, to find the solution you need to move it-" Yoongi stopped, sitting up. His brow furrowed, hand moving to his back.
"Oppa," you said worriedly. "Are you okay?"
Yoongi looked at you while relaxing, smiling sheepishly. "I'm fine. Just thought I felt something weird." 
There was a loud squeak from behind you and the entire class started as Jungkook rushed past you, his hands covering his head. He pushed roughly out the door, leaving you all bewildered.
"What was tha..." You turned back to Yoongi and froze. "Oppa... y-your eyes..."
Yoongi blinked at you, showcasing his eyes which, previously a beautiful chocolate brown, were now golden-yellow and slitted like a cat's.
Yoongi frowned. "What about them?" Before you could reply, Yoongi's eyes grew impossibly wide and he yelped. He jumped up, hands clasping the top of his butt.
"Hyung!" Jimin's cry made you turn to him. You gasped.
"This is impossible," you whimpered.  Jimin's eyes were creased on concern for his hyung, and he hadn't yet noticed the furry black stubs that were beginning to emerge from his dyed-blond hair. Remembering the news broadcast from this morning, you jumped up. Grabbing Jimin and Yoongi both by the arm, you drug them out, mumbling a weak excuse to the teacher as he yelled for you to get back to your seats.
"Get to the bathroom!" You panted at the effort of dragging the two boys behind you while you ran into the boy's bathroom.
When you entered, Yoongi instantly scurried to a bathroom stall. Jimin stared with wide eyes, turning to you. "What's going on?"
"Prepare yourself, Chim," you muttered, then took Jimin by the shoulders and rotated him to face the bathroom mirror.
You watched the range of his facial expressions while he touched the black ears that were emerging from his hair. His face went from blankness to confusion, to furrow-browsed disbelief.
"What the heck?" he whimpered. He suddenly arched forward, grasping the same portion of his upper butt/lower back that Yoongi had been clutching. Panicking, Jimin twisted around and pulled out the waistband of his pants, peering down.
He went pale.
Slowly releasing his pants, Jimin looked straight forward without blinking. His trembling hands went to the button of his jeans.
Under normal circumstances, you would have started screaming your head off the minute Jimin reached for the clasp of his jeans. At the moment, you were much too distracted and fascinated by the long, sleek tail that was revealed in its full glory with the absence of his pants.
"Y/N," Jimin stuttered breathily. "Please, please, please tell me that I do not have a tail right now."
"Surprise," you whispered weakly.
"For the love of all things good," Jimin gazed at himself in the mirror, horrified. His fingers traced the furry black ears. They twitched under his touch.
You had the abrupt urge to scratch his ears like a cat, because what if he purrs? You couldn't help the giggle that escaped as you imagined that.
Jimin whipped around, glaring. "Are you laughing right now?"
You shook your head rapidly, swallowing your laughter. Jimin gave you one last dirty look and moved back to the mirror. He leaned closer to inspect his eyes. The pupils were slanted now, and the iris was almost neon yellow. "Freaky," Jimin whispered.
While he was occupied with his appearance, you snuck behind him to observe his tail. It protruded from underneath his boxers, curling up out of the waistband in an ebony rope.  It flicked and twitched in agitation, squiggling like a snake. You caught the black tail as it whipped by, feeling the soft-as-silk fur beneath your fingertips.  You quickly brought it up to touch the fur against your face, letting it run along your cheekbone. A shudder ran through the long appendage as you held it, rubbing the fur. You yelped when rough hands rippled your grip away.
Jimin's eyes were dark as he met your gaze. "Don't. Do. That." His voice was so low that it was almost a growl. You shivered. Your gazes were locked together with intensity. Your breathing grew heavier, and your heart was pounding wildly against your rib cage. Jimin's tongue slipped out to wet his lips, somehow drawing your gaze. His mouth was hypnotizing you. You simply stared at his thick lips, wondering for a split second how they would feel against yours.
The two of you jumped apart at a loud noise in the bathroom.
The bathroom stall that Yoongi had entered abruptly exploded outward, revealing an angry Yoongi with glowing golden eyes. He stormed past the two of you, slamming his hands down on the bathroom counter as he looked at himself.
"What the heck is this?" he barked. You and Jimin both gaped at his alternating black and orange striped tail and ears.
"He's a tiger," you mumbled in shock.
"That doesn't even surprise me, " Jimin replied.
Yoongi spun around and grabbed Jimin, pulling hard at the younger' newly acquired limbs and accessories. "Yours don't come off either!" Yoongi exclaimed as he yanked on Jimin's ears. Jimin was screeching in pain, yelling "Hyung!" over and over again as he was attacked.
A smaller, softer noise drew your attention away from the scrabbling pair.
You noticed a pair of tan Timberlands in one of the bathroom stalls. Jungkook! You had completely forgotten about the maknae! He must have run in here before the three of you.
You slowly approached the stall, gently knocking your knuckle against the door. "Kookie?"
A small whimper echoed out at you. You knocked again.
"Is that you, Kookie? Are you in there?"
"Y-Y/N..."
"We're here too, Jungkookie." You hadn't noticed Jimin and Yoongi stop squabbling, but they were now crouched on either side of you. The three of you peered in concern at the door.
"Kookie, can we help you?"
"No..."
"Are you hurt anywhere, Kook?" Yoongi said, frowning.
"Yes." Jungkook sighed.
"You are?" Jimin exclaimed. "Where?"
Another long sigh. "Just...my pride."
The three of you glanced at each other, confused. "What do you mean?"
"I'm embarrassed!" Jungkook cried. "Yoongi hyung is a tiger!? And Jimin hung is some kind of cat too, right? And I'm...I'm..."
"You're what, Kookie?"
The door flew open, knocking you, Jimin and Yoongi onto your butts as you stared up at the humiliated maknae.
"Oh!" you said when Jungkook's usual nose twitch was now mirrored by the twitch in the long ears standing straight up on his head. At the look in your eyes, those ears wilted into floppy black lines beside Jungkook's face as he covered his face with his hands.
"I'm a rabbit!"

Ten minutes later, you were trapped in the bathroom and trying to formulate a plan to get the three boys out of the school without being seen. You had locked the door at Yoongi's suggestion, causing a frustrated thud every now and then from a student trying to enter.
Unlike Jungkook, you though his ears were adorable. They matched him so perfectly; long, black and silky to the touch, they drooped and raised along with his mood. Kookie's manly pride was injured, however. His cheeks seemed to be permanently stained red because of his animal counterpart.
"Okay," you whispered to the boys.
You had decide that the best plan of action was to cover the boys' ears with their blazers, tuck their tails into their pants (Jungkookie had an cute little fluffy tail that didn't need much hiding) and simply sprint for the exit. Yoongi had groaned in misery when you mentioned the running part, but resignedly admitted that it was necessary.
Before running, you glanced down at your phone and sighed. There were over fifty texts from the other boys, questioning your safety and asking if they needed to come to you. The teacher had apparently stopped them from following the four of you out the door. You sent them a quick message that all was not necessarily well, but they should stay at school for the rest of the day, and also that you needed to take the other three boys home. 
After you finished you gently clasped arms with Jimin and Yoongi, leaving a Jungkook to crouch behind the three of you since he was a he tallest and you were trying to avoid detection.
"1...2...3... GO!"
The three of you shot out of the bathroom door, sprinting down the hall. You were grateful that class was currently in session and the hallways were mostly empty. You only had to run by a few startled teachers and staff members as you made your escape. Thankfully, Yoongi was old enough to drive and had an old, beat up car. It was still good enough to get you away from the school, though, until you figured out a way to hide the boys' animalistic features in public.
You all went back to your house, since your mom was away at work and you had food available. The boys loaded themselves with junk food good for stress eating and followed you upstairs to your room. You and Jimin curled up on the bed, Yoongi in your desk chair, and Jungkook sprawled out on the floor.
Armed with junk food and with your best friend by your side, you looked at Yoongi and Jungkook carefully.
"Okay, guys. What are we gonna do?"