Newt Scamander x Reader - Part 2

The next time you saw Newt he was less sad, but just as distressed at the sight of you.

"You!" He cried out, and muggles around him jumped away at his sudden outburst. He pointed at you with his finger in a determined way and started towards you. His voice was barely a whisper but it may as well have been a yell in the quiet desert you last saw him in.

Your instinct said to apparate away, but you knew better. You were in a large crowd of people, non magical people. You couldn't risk getting discovered. You didn't want to be forced to move away again. You could simply lose him in the crowd of people.

You nearly screamed when his eager face was very intrusively close to yours. He had apparated right in front of you, and dozens of no-majs. A huge breach of the rules the wizarding community lived by. He either didn't notice or didn't mind that he'd just committed a crime. He just smiled widely and didn't take his eyes off you as you looked frantically around. Some poor lady nearly had a heart attack when he'd appeared out of nowhere. People were starting to stare.

You dragged him off, away from the crowded street. "What are you doing here?" You hissed. This place, New York, was as far away from Saudi Arabia one could get. If only he'd stayed there.

"I finally found you," He said through his whistling teeth. "I had given up, but deep down I knew I'd meet you again."

"You're loony," You said. "We've never met before."

"Oh, but we did meet, in Saudi Arabia." His eyes fogged up slightly, as though there were regrettable memories he left behind in that country.

You certainly had memories there you wanted to forget. You still couldn't light a fire without thinking of that day. "I've never left this blessed country in my whole darn life sweety," You said, slipping slightly into an American accent.

It confused him, but wasn't enough to throw him off. He pointed a finger in your face. "No, no, I remember you. You and... and that man."

You looked down the alley to the crowd of people, then up at the windows of the apartments above you. You never knew who could be listening and where.

"That never happened," You said harshly. "Forget it just like I did."

"Oh but I can't forget," He said and stepped away. He looked down at his shoes with his case tucked under his arm and he swayed slightly. "I never forget. Just like I didn't forget those pretty eyes of yours."

"I met you for barely five minutes, with a dead body at my feet, and the thing you remember are my eyes?" You ran a nervous hand through your hair, not unlike you had on that night, and sighed. "You really are a loon."

"I may be crazy but I'm definitely not a liar."

"What are you doing here anyway?" You said, asking yourself more than him. You ran another hand through your hair. You looked up at the sky in the direction your hand was pulling your head as it combed your hair. You stomped your foot anxiously. He noticed none of this.

"I came to get a gift for a friend of mine," He said sheepishly.

You laughed, almost sadistically. "You need to get yourself a more convincing lie. If anyone in the Magical Congress catches you with that you're done for."

"The Magical Congress?"

You stomped your foot again, this time harder. "You're hopeless! You come to this country with no knowledge of it whatsoever."

He was coming up with some excuse, but you were too busy looking at something else. Your eyes were scanning the crowd of passing people, and you stopped a conspicuous man standing still at the other end of the street. He didn't move. His unwavering eyes were focused right onto you. Your body froze up.