Chapter 14

He watched her work. Memorizing everything his greedy eyes could take in. Her movements weren't graceful, quite the opposite actually.

Her cheeks flush when her hips hit tables or when she slightly tripped and quickly looking around to see if anyone caught her clumsiness.

She wasn't perfect but that drew him in even more. Her foot hit a near table causing her to curse under her breath. She had a mouth too that's for sure.

He bit back a growl as he watched her hips move, they were damn near hypnotizeing. His breath deepend when he remembered the way they felt underneath his hands.

'Take her...'

Every instinct in his body told him to grab that sweet body and claim her. He was torn between ravaging her with no mercy or holding her in his arms and showering her with love. His body tingled with desire at his thoughts.

"Hi, I'm Hope. What will you be having, gorgeous?"

His head snapped to the new voice, cringing when it rang in his ears.

A girl with her top low and skirt hiked up, red-ish blonde hair that fell flatly.

He scowled in annoyance.

"Where's Laura."

His voice cold and detached. Oblivious to his tone she let out a laugh.

"Probably get yelled at by Henry. Now how about..."

He drowned out her words as he tried to gain control over the animal inside.

He stood abruptly, knocking a chair down in the process causing a loud clang. Ignoring the calls of Hope, he searched for Laura. He could feel himself closer to a shifting as he got more close to her scent.

A snarl escaped his red lips when he found her. An old man who was red in the face yelling at Laura. At his mate. Just when he was about to step in, Laura's voice rang out.

"Oh shut up you old perverted geezer!" Laura screamed. Her fist balled up tightly at her sides. "I'm the one who actually works in this hell hole! I work my damn hardest and still get treated like trash!" Her eyes narrowed as she continued. "Everyone knows you screw around with your employees and the only reason you get your panties in a twist with me is because I denied your dumbass!"

The whole restaurant was quiet, listening to her words. She took a deep breath before tugging off her apron and throwing in his face, ignoring his outrageous look.

"Have fun. I quit."

She stormed out leaving a shocked audience behind her.