That Ex

I saw red when that little girl reached up to kiss my man. I am not a fighter but today I will be. Fortunately for her I like to get the full story first so I quickly hid behind a car to see what happened next. Don't want to make assumptions, although this is pretty self explanatory.

KB pushed the pretty girl away, pretty roughly I might add. Then he proceeded to yell at her, loudly. I could tell he was pissed. She smirked in response. She went towards him again, but he stepped back quickly and pointed towards the restaurant. She smiled and talked back then tried to hand him a piece of paper. I took this time to walk up to them. I could hear the end of the conversation.

"Babe, I just really miss you, I miss what we used to have

"Babe, I just really miss you, I miss what we used to have. He doesn't treat me the way you do. When I heard you were here I knew I had to come see you. I know you miss me too. I know you miss us. She isn't even as pretty as me. She can't do the things for you that I can."

"You're right Lani, she can't do the things that you can. She could never leave me for my brother like you did. Now leave me alone before she comes out here." His face was becoming red with frustration and sadness.

"But she did leave you, isn't it you who called me a couple of months ago, talking about how could she just walk out on you like that?" My heart broke in half. He called her for comfort? After what she did to him? You know that one Ex that fucked you up so badly that you thought that was what love was. I had Damien he has Lani. He has told me about her, how much he loved her, how well they got along, how many years they spent together. Until she left him for one of his older half-brothers, Shamar. Whom didn't know that Lani was dating his younger brother. She told him that she wants to be somebody, and you can't be somebody, when you are with a wanna be rapper. She hurt him, and he still kissed her.

Confused, I stood up and walked towards him, he saw me and his face tightened, in anger then in guilt. When I reached him I crossed my arms and looked up at him. Then I glared at her.

"Its nice to meet you, the infamous Lani." I rolled my eyes at her.

"It's nice you meet you to the fat ass whale." She smirked at me. My fist tightened.

"This fat ass whale would gladly kick your ass. I will leave you looking like after photo on a don't do Meth campaign."

"Baby, I-" I glared at KB. It was too cold outside to be doing this shit. I drew my coat closer to my body.

"Don't right now. I honestly can't with you right now." I turned back to Lani.

"Good, maybe you should leave him again." She smirked at me.

"Listen, I know a good man when I see one. Unlike you, I won't leave him for any of his siblings like you just because he isn't making enough money to sponsor your weave addiction. Mainly because I make more than enough money to support myself, and because I work hard for the money I earn. I don't have to suck dick to get the new Chanel purse that I want. Now I don't like to talk bad about sex workers because you gotta do what you gotta do. But when you come for me and mine, I come for yours. So please don't come for me when I didn't send for you, or else you will take title of taking L's from Meek Mills, Bow Wow, or Soulja Boy. I didn't stalk your boyfriend to try and get him back in the middle of a parking lot, you did that you me. So this fat ass whale is obviously doing something right. Please leave before I drag you by that dry ass weave around this parking lot."

She scoffed and whispered "fat ass" while flipping her hair, and then bumped into me while walking away. I grabbed her by her weave and pulled her back roughly.

"I just told you to not fuck with me, and then you proceed to try and knock me." I go to swing on her, when I feel myself being ripped from her.

"Zi, don't do it. Just walk away. " KB whispers in my ear. "Lani, please go. I'm with Zion now, and with her I'm going to stay."

"Or waddle away, whatever it is you Hippos do." She sneers at me. I lunge for her again. KB holds me tightly again.

"Babygirl don't. Come on, she isn't worth it." I immediately calm down in his arms.

"Yeah, and I'm starting to think neither are you." I pull out of his arms and calmly walk back into the restaurant. I sit by his mother, KB follows me in shortly after. His parent glances between us, unaware of the new issue that arose outside. I started to eat my food, which had grown cold.

"So Ms. Jill, I hear you like to sing?" I turn to her and ignore KB completely.

"Well, yes I do enjoy singing, I preform at local Jazz club in Brooklyn not often, because I have a day job. Maybe you guys could come see me preform one day." She looks excitedly at KB, whom is sadly poking around in his food.

"What happened out there?" Mr. James asked while looking at me.

"Ask Loni." Purposefully mispronouncing her name, I continued eating my food. I didn't want to talk about what happened outside, but I was just so angry and hurt. How could he trust in her STILL after the shit she did to him.

"Lani? What does that rat faced hoe have to do with anything?" Ms. Jill asked KB.

KB POV

My mom looked at me expectantly. I really couldn't wrap my head around what was going on. I couldn't even face the idea of Zion leaving me. I was so frustrated because I felt torn. On one hand I was still mad at Zion for thinking that I was playing her, that this was a joke. Honestly how broken do you have to be, to assume that you are being set up for a huge joke like that. I was angry that she would even think that I am the type of person to do that in the first place.

On the other had I felt guilty because of what just happened. In no way did I want Lani to kiss me. I didn't know she was going to be here. I honestly would be happy if I never saw her again. She hurt me so bad in the past; I can never get over that. I want Zion to know that, I could never go back to Lani; I could never trust her again. But I know I fucked up by calling her a couple of months ago and telling her about what transpired between Zion and I when she walked out on me. But in my head the reasoning was because, Lani did it to me, maybe she could tell me why. I should have known that they were two different women.

"Anthony? What is Zion talking about?" My dad asked.

"I really don't see how any of this is your business. But Lani the skank decided to pop up and kiss me. Then she proceeded to start shit with Zion. We will handle it once dinner is over." I glanced at Zion who was deeply involved with her phone.

We ate in silence. Once we were finished, I argued with my dad about who could pay the bill. We ended up splitting it, I paid for me and Zi and he took care of my mom. Zion and I walked back to the car, I opened the door for her and made sure she got in. I ran to the other side and started the car. I sat there and looked at her. She shivered in her seat and looked out the window.

Please Please Please comment you guys. I love engaging with you guys. It motivates me to get the next chapter out.

As Always:

Comment, Suggestions, and Constructive Criticism always welcome. I aim to be a better writer for you guys and myself.

Until next time 😘😘😘