Chapter 7

Here's Chapter 7. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for reading! I'm sorry this chapter is so uneventful.

That's Freya Mavor on the right as Ellie Martin. I might change my mind eventually.

************************************************************************************************************************

DREW

I was so mad at how Mr. and Mrs. Martin had treated Em at dinner the other night. I really hated injustice, and I'm pretty sure that counted as injustice. Just because Ellie was fit and beautiful did not mean that Em should be overlooked. I was glad she'd be getting some time away from them. I'm beginning to understand why she spent so much time at my house as a child. I'm not sure why I'd never noticed how badly Em was treated before, probably because I'd always been wondering why she hated me so much.

A few days later, it was time for Em to move in. I drove to her house to pick her up. We had worked out a schedule where Ellie would drive the car she shared with Em to school. I would drive Em to school in the mornings, and, depending on everyone's schedule, she would either ride home with me or take the car she and Ellie shared home. Either way, one of the Martin twins rode with me each way. I just hoped we'd accounted for everything when figuring it out.

When I got to the house, Ellie answered the door. "Hey there, sexy, you want to hang a little before taking my sister to your house?" Ellie playfully asked.

I sighed. I had to make sure that Em got settled in, and I had a ton of homework to do. It was a Sunday night, and I had waited until the last minute to do all my work, as usual.

"I would love to, Ellie, but I really have to get home and do homework. You know how I am," I explained.

"Okay," she huffed. "You'll just have to make it up to me tomorrow night."

"I guess I can do that," I teased.

"I'll get Emily," she said. Then she walked to the bottom of the stairs and screamed, "Emily!"

I laughed. "I could have done that, you know."

She looked at me, irritated. "Now you sound like my mother," she stated.

"Yeah, sorry," I apologized.

"I'm coming," Em yelled from the Martins' second floor.

She appeared at the top of the stairs with four bags in her hands. As she fumbled down the stairs, I reached to help her carry something. She turned her body away from me, and said, "I can do it myself."

I looked at Ellie, and she gave me a knowing look. "Em doesn't like help," she said.

"Let's not start this," Em said. She turned toward me once again. "Drew," she began, "I'm sorry, but I can get these bags myself. I'm sorry if I seemed rude."

Ellie snickered.

"Is that better, your highness?" Emily asked Ellie.

"It was at least polite and somewhat ladylike," Ellie explained.

"Sorry, Drew. I apparently have no manners, and my twin sister has taken to teaching me some," Em explained.

"Leave me out of this," I said to both of them.

They both chuckled. The exchange had not been a hostile one. They had simply been acting like sisters this time, from what I could see. I did wonder why Em refused help, though.

Emily made her way to my car. I used the fob to unlock it, and she threw her things into the hatch. I turned toward Ellie, and wrapped my arms around her waist. She returned the sentiment by clasping her hands behind my neck and pulling me in for a steamy kiss.