31

"Dad?" Darla asked, looking up at her father as they walked down the familiar streets of New Orleans. "Where are we going?"

"I want you to meet someone." He replied, a dimpled smile on his face.

"Oh, really?" Darla teased. "Is this someone a woman?"

"No, Darla," The Original rolled his eyes. "You're the only girl in my life, and we both know this."

"Still don't understand why, but alright then. If it isn't a woman, who is it? Some old vampire friend?"

"Close, but not quite."

"Another Mikaelson sibling? Come on, dad, aren't there enough of you already?"

"Oh, he's not my sibling. He's yours."

At this, Darla was stunned. She'd never even heard a single word about having a sibling, and suddenly she was meeting him?

"What?!"

Chuckling, Klaus opened the door and ushered the confused girl inside, making her even more so after seeing that they were now in a bar. The last place she ever thought she'd go with her father, of all people.

Looking around, she saw numbers of people, all drinking and having a grand time together. No one who looked like they were waiting for their father and long lost sister.

"Come." Klaus spoke, placing a hand on Darla's back and leading them to a table, where Klaus found himself watching the captivating man on stage sing happily.

"Where is he?" Darla asked, looking around the room.

"Patience, Darla Hope." Klaus chastised. "All will reveal itself momentarily, I promise."

Sighing, Darla didn't stop her search for her sibling. Immediately, she ruled all women in the bar out, followed by all the older men playing pool and drinking together. But then that left everyone else who wasn't approaching them, leaving Darla stumped. Maybe he wasn't there yet?

But in the midst of her searching, she failed to see the man right in front of her. New Orleans' prince, Marcel Gerard.

"Klaus!" He boomed with a grin, making the hybrid stand up and bring him in for a hug, and effectively gaining the teen's attention. "Long time, no see."

"Marcellus." Klaus grinned in response, clapping the man on the back. "It's been too long, indeed. But enough of that. I've brought someone here that I'd like you to meet."

Looking at the astonished young girl, he mirrored her reaction quite perfectly.

"Is this...?" He asked his father figure, pointing a finger down at the girl.

"Indeed it is." Klaus smiled with pride. "Darla Hope, meet Marcellus. Your brother."

"Please, call me Marcel."

As the man offered her his hand, she shook it, still in shock.

"Darla..." She murmured. "H-How come I've never heard of you before?"