CHAPTER SIXTY EIGHT

I woke up monday morning with an unexpected feeling of relief. I didn't even realize that winter break starts next week, because things have been seeming to fly by with no time to catch my own breath. What with all the drama at school, all the drama that's becoming regular in my house, and the countless things I've recklessly done with Ashton and our group of friends, it was hard to keep up with it all.

And, my school work added to this, as well. Unfortunately.

I rolled out of bed with the image of having 2 weeks off floating around my brain, and somehow it got me through my usual boring and exhasuting morning routine of getting ready for school. By the time it was 7:00, I was pulling my hair into a braid and my phone vibrated on my bed side table. I smiled, because it was apparent that the text was from Ashton.

"Happy monday! Lets DO THIS lol x" It said. I chuckled to myself as I yanked my phone out of the charger and stuffed it into my back pocket for now.

"C'mon mom!" I called as I rushed down the stairs and out to the car. Still, I need my own car. I know my way around Vegas pretty well now, and I'm not afraid to physically walk to school myself if I had to. I felt pretty lame; seeming to be the only one without their own car and who gets driven everywhere by either their mother or boyfriend. Maybe I'll look for a car when the new year roles around.

"Happy monday to you too," I replied to Ashton's text as I continued to wait for my mom. "And what exactly is "THIS" that we will be doing?"

My mother came out to the car, and slowly got into the front seat. She looked tired.

"You alright?" I asked, shifting uncomfortably in my seat.

"What? Yes!" She replied with a smile. I could tell that smile was fake as fuck, but I sure didn't know what to say next. Relief washed over me as my phone vibratd in my lap.

"I dunno. Everything." Ashton said.

"Wow, that's deep."

"I know."

We pulled up to my school, and I made no hesitation to scramble out of the car, and give my mom a little wave before turning my attention back to the front of my school. I sighed, because even though there was just one week left, that was 5 more agonizing days of this place. I'd much rather be in bed, or watching TV or drawing or simply reading a book, just as long as I wasn't here I would have been happy. It's as if school was becoming a place full of judgemental and uncomfortabe obstacles; like the people I'm forced to sit in class with, and the people who actually run the whole system here. The only thing that kept me excited for school was-

"Ashton!" I called, my tired self instantly picking up the pace. His frame turned, and he flashed a cheeky and adorable smile at me. His mop of brown hair fell over his eyes, but he pushed it back as I walked full speed into him, crashing my body to his and making him let out a heartful chuckle.

"Hey babe!" He chirped, wrapping his arms around my waist and leaning down to meet his lips with mine. I giggled, because his lips tasted like a mixture of minty toothpaste and fresh nicotine. I leaned back to look at him, and my heart instanlty filled itself with joy at the adorableness that looked back at me.

"Why are you staring?" Ashton laughed, not bothering to release his hands from my waist or continue walking into the enterance of our school. I just shrugged, and pecked his lips one last time.

"I don't know," I said, intertwining our fingers together. "You always look so cute and cuddly in the mornings." I looked up at the sound of Ashton chuckling beside me, and I raised my eyebrows in amusment as his eyes were squinted and there was a faint shade of pink on his cheeks.