Chapter 22: Getting ready (part 2)

Sarah's P.O.V

  I glanced sideways at the invitation card. He wouldn't be there, would he? He's in London, of course he wouldn't be there. I have nothing to worry about. I wouldn't have gone in the first place. I'm going only because Dad asked me to as he had to go on an important business trip to France. My ball gown arrived earlier, Mark had definitely worked his magic in designing it and obviously it looked amazing. It was a strapless, white dress with golden designs covering the top half completely and a white floor length skirt with golden designs inserted at the bottom all around. I just wondered if I would look good in it despite how many times Lily said I would look gorgeous.

I took a shower, put on my underwear and put on the massive gown. I called for Lily to help me with the make-up. She was better than me at it. I could've called for a professional stylist but I just wanted to look simple tonight. As I sat in front of the mirror, she curled my light brown hair and let it flow down my shoulders. I took out the jewelry box from my drawer, opened it to reveal a diamond necklace with matching earrings. Lily gaped at it and said, "Sometimes, I forget how rich you are." I chuckled softly and she joined in. While helping me with the necklace, shed asked, "Is he going to be there?" She was asking about Keith, obviously.

"I don't know. I hope not."

"Honey even if he is there, I want you to be a big brave girl and face him." She finished fixing my necklace and said softly, "You should be glad I didn't see him after you showed me what he did to you, Sarah."

"Are you sure you don't want to report him?" She queried for the millionth time.

"Yeah, Lil. I don't want to. It'll complicate things and I love John, Keith's dad, like he's my own father. It would break his heart if he hears how Keith treated me."

"Up to you then. Have a great night babe."

Bzzzzz

The bell rang as if on cue. "That must be my chauffeur." I said quickly standing up to observe myself one last time. A small doubt aroused in the corner of my mind and is if she could read my mind, Lily said, "You look great, now go! You're already late!"

I hugged her quickly and hurried downstairs and out the front door...

Author's note: hey guys, Thanks again for all the support. So what do you think of this chapter? Nice dress? And yes, Lily is the best ever best friend... so both of them are going to the ball but will they meet? Or would Sarah go unnoticed by Keith? Stay tuned... please keep voting, commenting and recommending. It would help me a lot.

Much love, S.C.