Chapter viii

As I kept waiting, and waiting, and waiting, I got up. The thought of being   stood up came to mind, and I groaned at the thought. So at this point all I could think was; Why were men so heartless and cruel? Why did they have to be like this? These are all questions that rolled through my mind. Though in all actuality I was wrong.

He had come right through that door. Looking dashing as ever in his green and red plaid shirt. He was also wearing black jeans that suited him, and his hair was a bit of a mess. Though it looked like of nice. Okay that's an understatement, REALLY nice.

Making his way over, I had my ice cold hands on the now lukewarm coffee mug I had been holding for quite some time. He sighed and looked at me with an apologetic look on his face. I could tell he felt bad so I gave him a reassuring smile.

"You made it." I said, as I looked at him, my coffee mug in my hands. He nodded and smiled.

"Yes, I am. I'm so sorry about that, there was some bad traffic from where I was coming from." He said apologetically.

I giggled. "It's fine, I thought you stood me up for a second." I added as I looked up.

"Why would you think that?" He asked. It was now my turn to sigh.

"You weren't here at eight o'clock." I said simply. I wasn't trying to complain. Just stating the fact is all.

"I'm sorry about that, there was loads of traffic." He said sincerely.

I smiled at him and he smiled at me. Sipping my coffee, he ordered one as well. I was only going to have one cup, so once I was done, I ordered a hot cocoa. Getting my hot beverage from the woman at the counter, I began to sip my drink.

There was a line of white foam on my top lip thanks to the marshmallows and he laughed. I looked at him and laughed as well. It was pretty funny. Pretty soon the two of us started talking about our lives.

He told me he was widowed and that his wife had died of leukemia. I frowned as he had told me this. That was worse than what happened to me. I sooner than later began to tell him my situation with my baby daddy, and the fact that he left his child when she was born.

"And all my four year old wants is a father for Christmas, but sadly, I can't give that to her..." I said sadly, as I put the mug down. He frowned and held my hand.

"I'm quite sorry about that, if I were the father, I would've been there for both the mother and child." He said looking into my eyes, and he held my hand.

It wasn't until that moment that our faces were inching closer, and closer. Still looking into each other's eyes. We stopped and turned away. He looked at me with a smile.

"Would you like to spend Christmas with me?" He asked. My eyes widened.

No one had ever asked me (except Tana of course) to spend Christmas with them. It made me feel happy and I nodded at the thought. Christmas with this man. It was so tempting, and so I nodded.

"Of course, but my family-" I was cut off as he happily chirped.

"I'll come visit your house. You have my number, so you can Just call me whenever." He said, and I nodded.

Once the night was over, he hugged me goodbye and I smiled warmly. Perhaps this was the start of something quite beautiful.

_______________________________________

AU [EDIT]: Thank you guys so much for  2.8k reads. This means a lot to me. Remember to plaster this on the watty's page for me. I wanna win this year and with your help we can do it (: