t h r e e

Anakin and I spent the rest of our day playing random games and lightheartedly flirting.

I knew I shouldn't, but I wish it wasn't innocent and he meant it and did it because he was attracted to me, but I knew deep down we could never be anything.

I decided to set a trap for whoever was trying to assassinate me and blocked my cameras.

Even though Anakin was just a room away, I still felt uneasy. I eventually let sleep consume me after staying up thinking about too many things.

 I eventually let sleep consume me after staying up thinking about too many things

I awoke to the sound of a lightsaber being turned on near my face. When I realized what was happening, I screamed. There was a lightsaber mere inches from my face that had just cut in half two slug like creatures.

Anakin surveyed my face for any sign of harm before jumping out my window. I hopped off my bed to try to catch a glimpse at what he could possibly have been thinking.

There he was, dangling from a small flying droid. It was foolish what he had done, but I still couldn't stop the smile that spread over my face at the thought that he put his life on the line and ignored logic for my safety.

My smile faltered when it dawned on me that it was his job to do that.

Anakin walked through the door just as I had sat down on the couch, but when I heard him, my head shot up and I ran to him

I don't know what came over me, but I hugged him like there was no tomorrow. To my surprise he hugged me back with just as much warmth and emotion.

We released each other after we snapped out of our euphoric state. I pushed a piece of hair behind my ear as I looked at the ground.

"So what happened?" I asked finally after the silence was getting too long. Anakin moved around me to sit on the couch I was just on and motioned for me to follow. I sat down next to him and turned so he could explain.

He looked at me, "I grabbed onto the droid that planted the bugs before it could leave and it lead me to a bounty hunter." My eyebrows furrowed, bounty hunter? Why would a bounty hunter be after me?

Anakin continued, "After chasing her down to a club and taking her arm off-"

"You took her arm off?!"

"I had no other choice! She had a blaster pointed at me!" Anakin defended himself.

My eyes remained widened as he continued.

"Anyway as I was saying, I got her to tell me she was hired to kill you, but before she could tell me who hired her, someone with a jetpack shot her with this poison dart and flew off."

I gave Anakin a weird look when he said jetpack but my eyebrows furrowed when he pulled out the dart.

It was small and metallic, and had 4 points on it, I took it from him to further examine it.

"I don't recognize this at all." I stated.

"Neither do I, and I can't read the engravings on it either." He agreed.

I hadn't even noticed them, but when I turned it to find them, there they were. In some foreign language I didn't understand.

"Even I don't know this language, and I'm fluent in 3."

Anakin looked at me surprised.

"You speak 3 languages?"

"Well yes, my parents thought it would be useful."

"What languages do you speak?"

"Well Galactic Standard, obviously, Binary, and Durese."

"Wow, that's pretty cool."

"Thanks"

"So what do we do now?"

"Well this excitement has tired me out. I think I'll head to bed and try to get some sleep." I then looked at Anakin, "You should get some shut eye too, you've had a long day."

Anakin nodded his head in agreement, but then a look came over his face as he turned his head towards me.

"How about we go back to the temple tomorrow and try to find the origin of that poison dart?"

My curiosity forced me to agree, "Sure, but am I allowed to go in there for more then 5 minutes?"

Anakin gave me a really look.

"Of course you can, we're keepers of the peace, not some crazy satanic cult."

"Could've fooled me" I joked.

He narrowed his eyes.

"I'll be here at 10:00 sharp, you better be ready or I'm dragging you out of bed no matter what you look like."

"Yea alright, I'll be up, whatever." I shrugged.

He simply raised a brow and walked silently to the door.

"Goodnight Verena"

"Goodnight Anakin"

My personal droid C8-TR walked toward me.

"Miss Verena, I think Master Skywalker has developed feelings towards you."

"C8 you're programmed to be fluent in 6,000,000 forms of communication, love isn't one of them." I replied bitterly.

"I may not be miss, but I have been programmed to be very observant." And with that she walked out of the living room and into her room to charge.

"Crazy little droid" I said to myself. Even though what C8 was saying sounded crazy, I couldn't help but see some level of truth hidden beneath it.

Hope you guys enjoy! I'll be posting a more interesting chapter either later today or early tomorrow

Hope you guys enjoy! I'll be posting a more interesting chapter either later today or early tomorrow. I'm sorry if the latest chapters haven't been super exciting, they're building up to some pretty cool things. And a psa: this fanfic isn't like most where they just write the female love interest into the storyline, Verena isn't Padme, so obviously her and Anakin's story will differ from the movie(: