Chapter Twenty-One

I wake up slightly dazed, but my wolf sighs in content. I don't realize why until my memory of last night comes back full force.

Silas and I mated, then marked eachother.

I roll over softly so my face was an inch away from Silas's. His face seems so smoothed out when he sleeps, not tense-like when he is dealing with a problem in the pack, or just thinking about something that he needs to figure out soon.

But now, when he is sleeping, he seems so innocent. He seems as if the world doesn't bother him, as if the life he lives is one that has no stress in it, but I know the second he opens his eyes, the stress will come back, the darkness will once again fill his eyes.

Being an alpha is hard, they have seen and done so many things that they wish they never had to. Silas's pack is his family, and if anything happens to one of them, then he is involved as much as that person family would be.

Silas is a great alpha, but all Alpha's have a breaking point.

"Silas." I whisper softly as I trail my hand down his cheek and to his neck where my mark lays. I use my hand to trace over it slightly and I feel Silas jump underneath me before his hand snaps up and grabs my own.

I giggle as Silas flips us over and begins to leave small butterfly kisses on my neck and shoulder, making sure to take extra care with my new mark.

"God, Sorenson. Last night was the best night of my life. I love you so much." Silas groans into my neck as he presses his body against mine. I blush when I feel something hard and long pressed against my thigh, Silas doesn't seem to be as sore as I feel.

"I love you too." I squeak out in embarrassment when Silas begins grinding onto my leg.

"You don't need to be embarrassed Sorenson. I know you're still sore from last night, I wouldn't force you to have sex with me. I know it would only cause you more pain. I'm content just laying here with you." I smile softly at Silas. He's the perfect mate, he respects my boundries, knows when I need a break, he simply just knows me, and I wouldn't ask for anyone else.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

"Gabriel! Don't do that!" I cry out in exasperation. Silas thought it would be a good day for the five of us to go out for fun. Of course, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Now, not so much.

I run to where Gabriel is trying to eat the woodchips the park put down in case someone feel, although I don't think it doesn't much good since Zain has already begun crying because of a cut he got on his leg not to long ago, and Kota is mad because some girl he was trying to hit on blew him off and walked away. It's his own fault though, he should know to wait for his mate, and that some girls want to wait for theirs also.

The only one who is seeing any good for today is Silas. He is currently pushing Zain - he stopped crying the second Silas put him on the swing - and they are both laughing from something that I'm sure I'll never understand, while I am left taking care of a wild three year old and a pouting fifteen year old.

Today is definately not what I imagined the day after my mating would be, but once again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Because if today didn't happen, I wouldn't have understood what I had until later. I wouldn't understand how much finality I had in my life, how solid the ground underneath my feet is, how firm my future looked, but that can all change with a single sentence, something I was soon to find out.