Chapter Twenty-Two

"Sorenson? Do you know what a bike with three wheels is called?" I smile down at Zain before answering.

"Yeah, it's called a tricycle, tri because it has three wheels, and tri means three, cycle, well, I don't really know, I guess it goes with cycling." I shrug as I continue to make lunch.

Most of the pack memebers were gone today for a manditory training session. Silas said he was feeling on edge and would feel better if he knew everyone was refreshed and ready to go incase a battle was near.

I stayed back with all the pups and pregnant men and women of the pack, which was a wopping group of ten, seven of which are pups, two of them mine. I misjudge how many people were actually in the pack during my first meet and greet, it seems like there was hundreds of people, but in reality there is only fifty, and about half are mated, and only half of those couples are either pregnant or have a pup.

I told everyone that I would make us lunch, and Zain insisted that he cane with, but all he has done so far is ask me random questions that I don't really have an answer for.

"Oh, well, I don't want to have a tricycle anymore, because everyone that uses them are babies. I'm not a baby, I need a real bike." I raise my eyebrows but don't say anything.

Last time we tried to move him to a real bike he had a panic attack and and most ran the bike into oncoming traffic, something he must be use to doing seeing as why that is the way we first met Silas.

"We can do whatever you want, baby, you just have to be willing to try."

"I'll try my very hardest not to go into traffic, I promise." I smile at him before turning around and making the last sandwich of the batch. I told everyone I would make an array of sandwiches, none of then seemed to be really picky about what they wanted, so I hope whatever they get is okay.

My ears twitch when I hear a scratching noise outside. My wolf's hackles rise and I feel him start to growl inside of my head. I calmly walk over to Zain and pull him off of the counter.

"Go downstairs with the others, I think someone is outside, but be quiet." I mutter to him. Zain's eyes widden before he nods and begins skipping downstairs.

I turn and head for the front door. If someone is out there, I have to check, it's my job as the Luna to.make sure my pack stays safe, even of I have to die to do so.

I open the door quietly before stepping outside and calmly walking around the house. If the person can hear my heart beating, and it begins to get faster, then he knows that he has been made.

The few minutes that I'm outside are the worst of my life. After I make two rounds around the house I realize that no one is here, I must have been hearing things and my wolf overreacted.

I walk inside and chuckle breathlessly as I grab the sandwich tray and tune around to carry it downstairs.

I scream as I drop the tray when I see two rouges standing in front of me.

Their dirty skin makes them seem tan, but you can see their pale skin hidden underneath the dirt. The grease in their hair makes them look as if they haven't had a shower in years, and they probably haven't. Their stench alone would make someone fall to their knees if their looks didn't already do it.

"Well, look at this beauty, Mark. I wonder all the things that we could do to you." The one on the left said. His red eyes peirce into mine as I begin backing away from them. Their eyes fill with joy when they see me begin to back away.

"And a chase, it's always makes the catch so much better." The other one replied before they lunge at me together. I shout again before turning around and running out of the pack house. I'm not stupid, I wouldn't lead them right to the pregnant wolves snd pups of the pack. I just hope I can get to the field where Silas was holding the training today.