Chapter Twenty-Three

I crash through the bushes as I smell out for Silas. It would be a lot easier if the whole pack had used one way to get to the field, but it seems as if everyone took their own way and all the paths interconnect making me run in circles.

The energy in my legs is draining rapidly, and I know that if I don't find Silas in the next few minutes, I'll be left to whatever the two rouges want to do to me.

"Damn it, where are they?" I curse softly when I notice I ran by the same tree once again for the third time.

I turn to run the other direction only to run into a flobby chest.

I back away from the rouge, drool slipping down his chin as he stares at me through lidded eyes. My breath catches in my throat when I see the other rouge join us, and another, and another, and another, until fifteen rouges stood before me. Salvating at the sight of me whimpering and shaking in front of them.

"This is a good one boss, where did you find him?" Asked one of the cleaner rouges. He must have been newer then the others that look as if they have been building dirt on their bodies for the past ten years.

"He was in Silas's pack, and he smells an awful lot like him. If I didn't know any better I would say that they are mates, and they've mated recently, am I right, Sweetheart?" I stare at the dirty man fearfully. Words clog my throat and I force them back down. If I tried to say anything I would only squeak out a letter before I would pass out. I need to find a way to get to Silas. And fast.

I stare at the group as they slowly walk towards me. I take as step back for everyone they take. The smirks on their faces make them seem as if they know that they are going to catch me, but if I have anything tk do about it, I'm not going to let it happen.

I have a lot of things to stay alive for. I have a lot of things I can't be captured for. I have a lot of reasons to get out of this situation unscathed and healthy.

"If you want to get me, you are going to have to catch me." I taunt before turning around and pushing through two of the Rouges standing behind me. All the Rouges stare after me in confusion before they break out of it and make their chase after me.

I really don't know why I taunted them, because now I can't feel their hatred for me stifling the air. I knew that anything I said would irritate them, and there I go opening my mouth and making everything so much worse.

I almost sob in relief when I catch Silas's trail. I follow the distinct trail before I burst through the final batch of trees before I fall down into the clearing. I quickly climb up on my shaky legs and stumble closer to Silas.

"Silas!" I yell hoarsely before collapsing to my knees again. Silas turns around and his eyes widden when he sees me, but then darken considerably when he smells the Rouges behind me.

Silas runs to me and sweeps me into his arms before barking something to the warriors. Most of them run away into the woods, most likely to check on everyone left in the pack house, and only about ten stay with to fight the rouges, but when they see us I'm assuming they won't stay for a fight, and run with their tails between their legs like the cowards they are.

Not only a second later the Rouges skid into the field, see the twelve of us standing in the clearing, and they turn and run back the direction that they came from. Silas makes half of the wolves that stayed with us go after them, jot to harm them but to see where they are going, and had the other five stay with us.

Silas hugs me tightly to his chest before he turns and runs back to the pack house, it took me over an hour to get here, but with a straight run to the pack house it only takes fifteen minutes.

Silas grips me tighter when we reach the pack house. Most of the Warriors are outside, and the few with their pregnant mates or children. I try to look astound Silas's shoulder to see if I could find Kota, Gabriel, and Zain anywhere. I frown when I don't see then anywhere, and am about to ask Silas when one of the top Warriors came forward with his head bowed.

"I'm sorry Alpha, we tried to follow the trail, but it seems to have disappeared. The Rouges took Kota, Zain and Gabriel from the pack house."