fifteen

The next morning, Namjoon and Tsai are in the local coffee shop, and both of them look like a damn mess.

Namjoon thinks he might actually have a cold, and the pain in his chest has not faded. Namjoon is pretty sure that this is the first stage of his pain, which his uncle liked to refer to as the "heartbreak stage," the pain that Joohyun Kim felt when he saw his dream woman with another man. Namjoon also had a slight headache, and dry eyes. 

Tsai wasn't sick, just sad. Her eyes were still glossy, and her mouth was dry, along with her throat. Her lips were slightly chapped, and she was slightly pale, which frightened Namjoon. Her light brown skin wasn't the deep color that it usually was. 

Both Tsai and Namjoon were dressed in large hoodies, both wearing glasses, and both holding their cups of coffee near their face. To others in the coffee shop, they looked like a couple, trying to shake the sleep from their eyes and start the day. Tsai looked at Namjoon worriedly every time he coughed and pressed his hand against his chest, and Namjoon looked at Tsai sadly every time she wiped a tear from her eyes. Overall, they were just a sad pair.

"D-Did you talk to Taehyung?" Namjoon asked, putting his coffee down on the table. 

"No, I didn't," Tsai answered honestly, "but I found out he found his soulmate now, if that's why you're asking."

Namjoon's heart raced when he heard her words. "How did you find out?" 

"I called him," Tsai replied, "to tell him that I couldn't meet at the time he wanted us to, but when he answered, all I heard was moans, a bed creaking and hitting a wall, and Taehyung saying 'Jungkook, I love you so much' a lot of times, to which the guy I assumed named Jungkook replied, 'I love you too, I'm so happy I found you, baby.' So, in the end, there was no need for me to go and talk to him."

Namjoon made a mental note to hit Taehyung in the face later when he sees him (because how the fuck does someone sleep with someone else in a matter of a day), and watches Tsai wipe another tear from her eye with her sleeve. Namjoon gives her a napkin, urging her to take it. 

"Your sleeve is wet, use the napkin, Tsai," Namjoon whispered, and Tsai nodded wiping more of the tears that fell from her eyes. Namjoon took her free hand in his, stroking it gently as Tsai slowly began to break down in front of him. He didn't want to say anything else that could upset her even more, so he brushes his thumb across her hand to let her know he's here for her.

"I'm not upset over the fact that he's not mine anymore," Tsai wiped her eyes again, as her voice came out ragged and broken, "it's just...it happened really soon. It happened literally hours after he told me why he didn't want to make it official with me and, I-I don't know, maybe I-I'm being really drama-"

"No, it's okay," Namjoon shushed her, "I understand, it's okay for you to be upset. Wipe your tears, Tsai, please, calm down." 

Tsai nodded again, wiping her final tears and taking deep breaths, before finally calming down. 

"Are you still feeling sick?" Tsai asked Namjoon, turning the attention away from her. Namjoon nodded to her question, still stroking her thumb with his own. He honestly didn't want to go into much detail about how he was feeling, and would much rather comfort Tsai than it be the other way around. 

"When I finish with my night classes tonight," Tsai smiled, "I'm going to cook you some ramen. Your dorm comes with a kitchen right?" 

"Yeah." 

"Then, I'll come make you some chicken noodle soup, along with some ramen and other warm foods. Would you like that?"

"Please, don't baby me, Tsai," Namjoon laughed quietly, "I'm grown, I can take care of myself."