Chapter 5

"Do you even know how dangerous that was! What on Saren were you thinking young lady?"

Infinity sighed a puff of smoke as her father continued to lecture her about how she left them the night before in the chaos of the explosion. Little did he know that she has this all under control.

"I know, I know. I won't do it again."

Her father sighed as well in frustration while Asteroid sat in the other room, giggling at their argument.

The morning sunlight poured from the windows and flooded the room with golden light. Infinity quietly made her way into Asteroid's room while her father continued to contemplate the situation.

His room was the same warm grey and sandy brown clay as the rest of the town, but was lined with posters and pictures related to outer space. His bed was the same as Infinity's; a soft layer of woven vines and large leaves with an animal fur laid across the top. On the other side was a wooden desk with scrolls spread across it.

Asteroid was leaning against the wall, his ears perked up. Infinity smacked him in the side with her tail. "Who do you think you are, eavesdropping on us like that," she growled in a hushed whisper.

"Serves you right for just running out on us like that," he responded.

Infinity huffed more smoke, blurring her vision of Asteroid.

"Well, I'm going to go see mom in the library. You can stay here and deal with dad."

She then slithered out of his room and slipped past Orbit, avoiding any more lectures she had heard a thousand times before.

As she made it outside and lifted into the air, she could see the black scar on the town that the explosion had left. Luckily, no one got killed.

Infinity made it to the library quickly, moving through the halls of the palace easily.

She couldn't stop thinking about what had happened the night before with this so called Dusk dragon.

As Infinity stepped into the library, she could see her mother, Stratosphere, sitting behind her desk in the middle of the room. The library was very bright, compared to the fire lit halls. There were several windows on each wall between scroll shelves. There were also several tables for dragons to read here. It was open spaced, with tables in the middle and shelve rows towards the walls.

As Infinity looked across the room, she realized there were only three other dragons here: one pink glowing dragon and two similar colored dark purple glowing dragons.

"Oh, hi sweetie. I have a box of new scrolls, if you're interested," she said softly as she looked up from the scroll she was reading.

Infinity smiled and nodded in response. As she made her way over to Stratosphere's desk, she stopped at the Discovery Section near the entrance. Her bright teal eyes scanned each scroll as she passed. Each one was about either a species or a planet that SpaceWings had discovered that wasn't on Saren. Coropa, Klynndo, Pyrrhia, Glavine. She had read these all before. There was nothing new, but she had to check.

Infinity then made her way to her mother's desk. Her glow was similar to Stratosphere's, except her mother's was green, not turquoise like Infinity's.

"I found it in the corner of the throne room when the Queen and King were getting breakfast this morning. I could only assume it was for the library, so I went ahead and saved them the trouble of bringing it here themselves. Interesting, right?"

"Yeah..." Infinity answered, picking up a scroll. These scrolls were odd. Some of them were very old, while others looked relatively newer. The yellow paper crinkled in her claws. "Mind if I read these for a bit?"

"Sure, go ahead Infinity."

Infinity took the box and placed it down on a table in the sunlight pouring in from a nearby window. She sat down and picked up the oldest looking scroll. She had a hard time reading the faded ink, but she was able to make it out.

'Today there have been sightings of  the "white glow dragons" again. They were angry, but we are not sure why. This has only been happening after the deaths of my father and uncle. I hope that they will soon settle down, for they were once friends and loved ones of SpaceWings. I do not know what I will have to do if these actions get worse.
-Sunflare

Infinity put this scroll to the side and picked up the next oldest scroll. She continued to repeat this action.

'The "white glow dragons" are getting worse. After the last protest, I have declared to call them GlowWings. As my mother feared, the GlowWings' acts have grown more aggressive; lashing out and threatening to light towns afire. If they carry out with these actions, we will have to grow more aggressive towards them too.
-Stella

Today was a very stressful day. The GlowWings attacked the City of Light. With our warriors, we fought back, protecting our home. There were some deaths, but with SpaceWings' ability to master heat, we came out on top. Now we must be ready for an attack at anytime, for we do not know where their home is, nor how many there are.
-Luna

The war between SpaceWings and GlowWings is hopefully now over. The past years of bloodshed have been dark for SpaceWings, and I'm glad I brought it to an end. After finding their secret base in the Eastern Forest, I offered them a deal: if they agreed to live under Gold Mountain, completely hidden for the rest of time, then I would show them mercy. Now I can start a new era, where the GlowWings do not exist anymore. We shall tell the next generation that they had died off long before, and we shall live in peace. Sure, some may think it's sad that I have sentenced an entire species to their death, but I did it for the better. They were taking too many lives, and I consider each and every SpaceWing life very precious. I couldn't let the GlowWings stand in the way. I'm keeping GlowWings a secret so that the next generation don't go looking for the secret entrance into Gold Mountain. It's for their safety. It's for everyone's safety. This secret shall only live on through the royal family, never to be spoken or shared to anyone else.
-Solstice

My mother's plan was successful. The GlowWings are gone. SpaceWings are saved. I must say I'm impressed. When I was a young dragonet, and my mother proposed the deal, I honestly didn't think it would work. Over the years, I haven't even heard "GlowWing" be spoken at all. The dragonets today have no idea that they even exist, if they're still even alive. The future of SpaceWings looks bright. The City of the Sea had just finished building. My plan is to make a City of Snow up north, mostly for SpaceWings who can't stand the warmth and would prefer to live somewhere colder. I know there are small towns already up there, but I believe the tribe would really benefit from the construction of a new city.
-Supernova

There hasn't been another entry for the GlowWings in centuries. It brings me great sorrow to write this. Out of no where, there have been violent attacks on all major cities on Saren within the past week. There have been sightings of mysterious white glowing dragons setting fire and even causing explosions to the cities. Innocent lives have been ripped away from this world by their claws. Of course, I know who is causing this trouble. It's the GlowWings. I didn't even think they were still alive. It's almost impossible. All my ancestor's work to get rid of the GlowWings was useless. I suspect another war on the horizon, but I am ready. We have several trained warriors and we know exactly where they live. No other SpaceWing should have to feel the wrath of those savages. I have gathered all the GlowWing entry scrolls and put them together in a box for my daughter, Galaxy, the only possible future Queen, so that she can be caught up and prepared for what is about to happen.
-Nebula

Infinity couldn't believe what she just read. She even considered it to be fiction. But she knew it was real. She has seen a GlowWing, and she knows that current Queen's name is Nebula.

The sunny table suddenly grew dark as something blocked out the light.

She peered through the glass and recognized who it was immediately.
It was none other than Dusk of the GlowWings.