Chapter 14 | Cole

What I really should be focusing on, is the fact that I've just found out that I liked kissing another boy. My friend's timid and shy little brother. But no, all I could think about was the photo that Myles saw.

It's not like anyone had found out. He just saw a picture of me and some other kid.

Myles was the only person that besides my family has seen the photo. Anytime someone was over I kept it hidden.

There wasn't a single person to confide in. Sometimes I needed to talk about what happened. What I did. But I can't.  Anyone that found out would probably hate me more than I hated myself.

Because I won't tell anyone, I need distractions. Parties, drinking and girls. It was all just a distraction.

But it could only last so long.

-

It was Monday morning and my gaze landed on Myles. I took in his dishevelled form. His hair was messy, his shirt really needed an ion and his eyes were droopy and had bags underneath them.

He walked through the doors with Mycah's arm draped around his shoulder.

That small blonde girl ran up to him grinning and he smiled at her.

Was there something going on between them? Did she like him or he like her? It shouldn't have made me angry but it did. I wanted her to leave him alone.

When it was break just after fourth period I found him by his locker alone. The hallways were deserted and so I grabbed his wrist and pulled him into the nearest classroom.

I bent down to kiss him instantly, my hands tangling in his hair, his hands on my clothed chest.

I moved my lips on his but I wasn't getting any response. I pulled back.

He had a tired, alert, nervous look in his eyes. They were flickering from me to everywhere in the classroom.

"What's wrong? Why do you look so terrible?" I realised I kind of insulted him. He did look terrible, although, somehow a bit cute.

"I-I had a rough weekend." He replied.

Was it because what of what happened at the party?

"Oh," and I started kissing him again.

He wasn't moving his lips. I bit his bottom lip gently and he gasped, his hands curling into fists full of my shirt and I pushed my tongue into his mouth.

I moaned, his mouth was so warm. He stood still, still not responding. It was like his presence was elsewhere.

I pulled back again and commanded through gritted teeth, "Kiss back."

He shook his head fearfully and squeaked, "No."

"What?"

"Please s-stop this. I don't li-"

"Don't what? Don't like it? That's a lie and you know it. I like it and you like it." I said.

I moved towards him when he took a step back.

He shook his head again.

"P-please stop. Someone c-could see us." He whimpered.

He was shaking now.

"Stop being so scared. No one will see us, and if they did, they wouldn't dare speak." I confirmed and reached out towards him.

"No!" He yelled, "Leave me alone." He ran behind a table.

"Fine," I was angry now, "I will leave you alone today, but this will continue tomorrow. Until then, goodbye, Shorty."

I left him alone in the classroom.

I'm not gay. I can't be. I have no interested in dating men. But I do have some interest in Myles.

I told myself I'd stay away but I can't. Fuck, what is happening. I'm not a fag. I shouldn't be enjoying this.

Maybe it was just the thrill of doing something wrong. Was being gay wrong?

-

"Yeah, so I finally got the guts to ask her out and she said yes." Ant was saying.

"That's great, dude," Isaac said.

I was happy for Ant. He seemed to really like Electra, they make cute couple. But I wondered if Electra would play him. She was the casual hook up type, and Ant seemed genuinely interested in her. I didn't want to see him get hurt or nurse a broken heart.

The group and I were at this fast food restaurant. It was now Wednesday. The week is flying. We came here after practice, while the guys in the team that weren't tight with us just went home. We came here because it was one of the best in town, better than Mcdonald's or KFC. Also, Mycah and Dylan love the place.

Myles was here too. He sat next to Mycah on the edge. His friend also works here. She'd often stop by the table to talk to him.

The other day I asked Mycah why he always has to chauffeur Myles around. He simple said that Myles had told him that he is too afraid to drive and he wasn't ready yet.

I didn't realise the kid was so scared about everything.

Myles abruptly stood up, ready to leave.

"Hey, where are you going?" Mycah asked.

"Oh, I'm just going to the bathroom. I'll be back soon," He said.

"Okay."

I kept my eye on him as he left.

I waited a few moments. This my chance, I thought. I haven't been with him since Monday when he freaked out.

I hesitated for a moment. Should I really go in there and bother him. I should just stop this nonsense now. I'm not gay. I don't like Myles.

But the way he was so shy and frightened of me intrigued me. He was adorable and I've never seen such gorgeous eyes.

Whatever, I thought. He'll be fine, I'll be fine. This is just some sort of weird phase.

"Actually, I need to go as well," I told the guys and stood up to follow him to the bathroom.

———————————————

I'm on a roll. Updating lots feels good. I just wish I could write as fast as publishing an update. Chapter 15 will come tomorrow, since 14 and 15 go together. I hope you guys enjoy reading this story. I want to try and get this book to 50 votes. Hope you can help make that happen!

Private message me if you guys wanna chat. I live talking about everything and anything with you all!