Chapter 15 | Myles

My focus was on washing my hands in the bathroom sink of the restaurant I was currently at. Since I wasn't paying attention, I didn't notice someone coming up behind me.

My eyes only captured the movement a second before the figure behind me spun me around to face him.

That figure was Cole and he was already leaning towards me, trying to make out with me.

"W-what the-" But I was cut off by him shoving his tongue down my throat.

I've had enough of this. It's time I grew a spine.

"Stop!" I pulled away and firmly said to him, "I'm not some t-toy. You can't just barge into to my life and start kissing me whenever you feel like it. You said that you didn't even l-like me. You also said that you're aren't gay but what is this then, huh?"

I almost shouted the last sentence, but I figured I should quiet down as we were in a public bathroom. The thought of someone witnessing this made me nauseous.

The expression on Cole's face had darkened. He narrowed his eyes at me and I immediately regretted opening up my mouth.

"You're right, I don't even like you. You're always so scared, it's pathetic. You're such a fucking wimp." He said venomously. 

How the hell did his mood change so quickly?

When he first came into the bathroom he wanted to kiss me. I hadn't missed the look of lust and maybe even adoration, that was evident in his eyes beforehand. Now, he looked at me like I was the most disgusting thing he'd ever laid eyes on.

I knew what was coming. I tried to calm myself down but I had already started shaking. A surge of overwhelming panic arose within me.

Please, not here. Not in front of Cole.

The last thing I wanted to be was a wimp. I didn't want him to think of me as that. I felt as though I shouldn't even care what he thinks of me. But I do care.

"And besides you're too inexperienced for me." He hissed.

I was backed against the wall when he finally finished stalking towards me. Letting his index finger trail down my neck, he brought his head closer to mine.

With his mouth right next to my ear, he said, "But somehow, you get under my skin. I'm always thinking about you and I can't seem to stop it."

In another situation, the words he spoke could've sounded like somewhat of a compliment. I don't know why I wished that he did mean them as compliment.

He swiftly removed his hand away before slamming it against the wall next to my head. The action caused me to involuntarily flinch.

"Fuck, I hate it." He shouted at me.

Despite trying not to cry, I felt a tear escape me as my body racked up a sob.

"Don't h-h-hurt me plea-se." My voice cracked.

Something inside him must have snapped, because as he pulled away from me, his eyes widened with worry.

"Shit. I'm so fucking sorry." He apologized with a few curses.

My body swayed a bit before collapsing. Dark spots were clouding my vision and I could only just make out Cole trying to steady me before everything went black.

-

"What the hell have you done?" I heard a piercing voice shout as I came back to consciousness.

"I swear, Mycah, I didn't do anything." 

"Well, you did something because he wouldn't have just passed out here for no reason. You were the only one around. He has panic attacks, I can tell he's had one!"