19

Previously on Pure Happiness

"You should have just given him the answer, Ray," Beth sighed as the vampire poured wolfsbane onto his hand.

"Oh, this is gonna be fun, Ray," Klaus smiked.

~~~

Beth was sat at the bar stirring her Shirley Temple, as the Salvatore vampire tortured the werewolf. Two hours had passed since they had arrived and the werewolf seemed no closer to giving up his packs location even if he was chained to the wall. But of course, the werewolf's strength didn't discourage them, and the vampire continued stirring darts into wolfsbane and throwing them into the werewolf's body from the table in front of him. While Beth admired the strength that the werewolf showed, she knew how the situation would end.

Klaus was sitting at another table, watching the werewolf with a smirk on his face. As Stefan tried to talk Ray into telling him the location, a young woman approached the hybrid peaking the interest of both the vampire and the banshee. "Hello mister Klaus. I have some more information for you," she said as the two began walking over to Klaus' table, "you told me to tell you if I saw anything. I saw that guy's brother Damon not far from the farm house."

"Well, thank you Claudine. You'll just tell your friends to keep up the good work or they're gonna watch her," Klaus said to the woman before she walked off.

"My brother's still on our trail?"

"Guess your plan didn't work, Beth," Klaus told her.

"It's not my fault you guys can't dispose of the bodies you feed off of. I was sure it would work, but I guess, the people you feed off was more than enough to take them to the farm house," Beth grimaced.

"Well, either way, he's getting closer so I have to go deal with that," Klaus said but before he could make a move towards the door, Stefan grabbed his arm.

"No, no, no. Let me handle it."

"Cause you know I'll come back," Stefan affirmed.

"Do I?" Klaus challenged.

"He won't leave me with you forever," Beth intevened. "And Stefan won't break the deal."

"Beth's right. You saved my brother's life. I'm at your service."

"Ah, you sound so tedious and indentured. Aren't you even having the least bit of fun?" Klaus asked pointing at Ray with a smirk playing on his rosy pink lips.

"I'll make sure my brother doesn't bother us anymore," Stefan said, ignoring the hybrid's question before he started walked off. Beth was quick to follow behind.

"Where are you going?" Klaus called out.

"I'm not leaving. I'll be back in a minute," she said before walking out of the bar after the vampire. "Stefan, wait!"

"What?" Stefan asked finally looking back.

"Don't do anything to harsh. Please. You know what today is. Don't do anything, you'll regret. Today would have been Elena's birthday," Beth said looking up at the green eyed man, using the words 'would have' in case of prying ears. But Stefan simply shook his head before speeding off and leaving the strawberry blonde in an empty lot.