27: Pregnancy

After that day, he never mentioned about the baby's father again. Instead, he was caring and understanding towards me.

I walked alongside him as we walked down the streets where road stalls were set up.

Somehow, he managed to entwine his fingers with mine halfway through the walk.

I was fine with that since it gave me a sense of nostalgia. I missed holding onto him like how we usually did in the past.

Ever since he moved to another place, we never got into contact again. Surprisingly after so many years, we reunited again.

This time in a more awkward situation though. But nevertheless, it was still great to catch up with him.

It distracted me from a lot of things which were not worth mentioning. This was what I needed right now, especially when I was pregnant.

Tomorrow would be the day where I will check to confirm my pregnancy.

I was determined to protect this baby at all costs, away from the man who hurt me so badly. Even if it meant tearing the father and child apart.

The smell of fried chicken made my stomach growl in hunger. My eyes focused on the fried chicken wings as I licked my lips in anticipation.

Without a word, Terence pulled me along with him as he sat me down by a table. "Stay put, I will get some chicken wings for you."

My heart instantly warmed at how caring he was. He was so different from him.

What have I done to deserve this second chance? Perhaps, I could forget the past and start afresh with this man in my life

++++

Entwining my fingers together, I felt sweat all over my palms. I was praying hard that the baby I was carrying was real.

"Don't worry, everything will be fine." Terence assured as he kissed my temple while massaging my shoulders as it calmed my nerves slightly.

I looked at him, trying my best to smile as I bobbed my head up and down in response.

Dr. Carter flipped through the pages of the results while my heart beat dramatically faster than before.

It was so nerve-wrecking.

She smiled, her eyes twinkling brightly. "Congratulations, you're 5 weeks pregnant."

My eyes lit up in joy as I can't help but to smile. His hands held mine as he kissed my temple. I looked at him, feeling nostalgic when he was by my side.

I shook off the thoughts, knowing that at this point of time, I shouldn't be thinking about him at all.

"Babe, are you okay?" Blinking profusely, I thought I saw him in him again as I closed my eyes tightly.

I was hopeless.

"I am just tired, I need some rest." I replied, opening my eyes once more as his eyes met mine.

He smiled, supporting me as he led me out of the office after thanking Dr. Carter.

The whole ride home was pure silence. Guilt was eating on me each time I tried to look at Terence.

Perhaps it was going to be hard putting him behind me. I just need some time alone for now.

As he pulled up by the curb, he began to unfasten his seat belt. He reached over and unfastened mine.

My eyes caught sight of him lingering behind a car as his eyes were on us. Impulsively, I pulled Terence towards me and kissed him.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and continued to kiss him with no care for the world.

F*ck him, I don't want to care about him anymore. I need an escape from him.

My eyes opened once more to see him banging on the window repeatedly.

His veins popped out as he clenched his jaws tightly. If looks could kill, we would have been ten feet under.

He was in a rage.

++++

Vote. Comment. Share

Enjoying this book? Add this book to your library and your reading list.

24th December 2016