Chapter 35: The Proposal

"You gotta be kidding me right?", Brian said looking me and Ethan in horror.

Me and Ethan couldn't help but laughed.

"I swear you guys are like 5 sometimes. Anyway clean this up OK?", he shook his head and went to his room making us laughed again.

In case you're wondering, me and Ethan were making muffins for the new year tonight.

The muffins making was great until Ethan poured one big glass of flour to my head. I shrieked and Ethan was laughing his ass off.

While he was laughing, I grabbed the glass and poured to his head as well and some of the flour entered his mouth making him cough. It was my turn to laugh.

"Oh, you're so on", he said and took the whole bag of the flour to my head.
Wanted revenge, I grabbed an egg and cracked it to his head. He gasped but then he did the same to me.

We kept doing it until Brian walked in just now. I swear we both looked like the muffin we made.

After we cleaned up, Brian called us to the living room.

I sat on the couch with Ethan beside me and Brian sat on the other couch across us.

"Have you guys cleaned up the kitchen?", Brian asked.

"Yep", me and Ethan said in unison making me giggled.

"And there was no stain at all?", he asked again.

"Clean as a baby", Ethan said placing his arm around my shoulder.

"So is there something you want to tell us?", I asked, curious.

"Actually there is", he said playing with his fingers. He always did that if he was nervous.

"What is it?", I said placing my hand on his.

"Um....",

"Come on man, you're scaring us", Ethan said in annoyance.

"I planned to propose Kira tonight", he sighed.

"Really? Oh my God. Can I see the ring?", I squaled in excitement.

"It's in my room and..",

Oh my God can I see it? ", I exclaimed.

"Maybe later. Anyway, I've planned on how to purpose her", he continued.

"We all will be having dinner and after that we'll chill here and then me and Kira will go to the rooftop to watch the fireworks. And once the fireworks started, I'll purpose to her", he said the detail.

"Oh my God that's so sweet", I awed.

Brian remained silent and his eyes filled with mixed emotions.

"Then what's wrong man? It's perfect like Linda said. I know you're nervous and..."

"That's not what I'm afraid of", Brian said putting his hands on his hair.

"Then what is it?", I asked softly.

"What if she rejected me because I'm not good enough or..."

"Man, relax. She'll say yes. She loves you, dude. You're just nervous and that's normal" I patted his shoulder.

"Yeah. She loves you so much, Brian. And I think she's been waiting for you to do this", I said.

It was true. Around last week when me and Kira went for Christmas shopping together, we spotted a beautiful ring with a big diamond. She kept looking at the shiny thing and smiled to herself.