Secret Santa Pt. 2 (Draco Malfoy)

You swore on Merlin's Pants that Draco Malfoy was the hardest person to shop for.

You dipped your head so you could see the shop window, because someone was standing right smack in front of it. On display was quidditch uniforms, professional quidditch team merchandise, and haloed with golden light, was the newest broomstick. Shopping was hopeless. You weren't rich like the Malfoys so you couldn't afford to get him a nice present. Anything that you found might be decent was stupid, and you found yourself looking at shops in a Malfoy sort of standard.

It was disgusting.

The bell rung as you entered the crowded shop. You scooted yourself towards the section that sold small trinkets like tiny snitch charms and quidditch pins wizard tourists from the states or somewhere would buy for no reason. Nothing seemed suitable and inexpensive here.

You left quickly and tried the next shop.

It was a small and quaint shop, with a little old woman and the recognizable smell of old books.

"Hello, dearie, looking for anything in particular?" The woman asked.

"I-uh-no thanks," you said.

"Everything is on sale, it's all very cheap here," she smiled.

You looked into the glass display cabinets. As you were going to leave, something caught your eye. You picked it up gently. It was a bit bigger than your hand. Small, simple, and beautiful.

It was a small chest made of dark oak, and it was accented with green crystal that resembled emerald. With the price, it couldn't possibly be real emerald. On the top was a snake coiled up carved into a diamond of the green crystal.

It was utterly beautiful.

You paid for the item and looked around the shops for something small to put in it. Nothing especially caught your eye. You went into the pawn shop that was known for dancing with the dark arts. A man behind the counter stared at you as you looked around. You still had quite enough money your parents sent you for gifts. But you couldn't find anything and people were staring to go back to Hogwarts.

•••

You finished wrapping your present back in your dorm room. You added something very special inside the chest. The exchanging of gifts would happen tonight for the Christmas party. Every house would be up late celebrating, but if you've never been to a Slytherin party, you'll be in for a treat.

You got dressed in red dress, red shoes, and a pearl necklace- ignoring the obvious fact it was betraying your house. You stood in front of the mirror wondering what to do with your hair and face. You (curled/straightened) your (h/c) locks. You didn't really like make up, but put on a bit anyways.

You could hear blaring music in the common room before you walked downstairs

You could hear blaring music in the common room before you walked downstairs. At the top of the staircase, you met up with Avery. The girl was wearing a short, red, sparkly dress. Her brown hair was put up into a tight donut bun. In her left hand she swung a green and red striped gift bag. She looked stunning.

"(Y/n), what'd you get him?" She said.

"A special item," you grinned. "What did you get Katie?"

"I heard from her best friend that she likes books, so I got her a few books that were on her wishlist," she smiled.

"Nice," you said. "Lets go, they're staring without us!"

You walked- stumbled, you hated heels- downstairs with Avery, who glided down easily. When you got to the bottom, you made a beeline to the snack table. You stuffed your face with Christmas cookies.

Someone tapped your shoulder, "Avery, I said I don't want to- oh hi Draco."

"(Y/n), would you like to dance?" He held out his hand. "I-um-requested a slow song and it would be quite awkward if I-um-"

"Sure."

You took his hand. He dragged you to the center of the room. The couches and various desks had been pushed to the edges of the room. The rainbow strobing lights turned into a dim spotlight that targeted any couple who was dancing. A slow song began playing.

You put your left hand in his and put your other hand of his shoulder, and he put his other hand on your waist.

"I'm not very good," you blushed and looked down.

"Just follow my lead, (Y/n)," He said then put his finger under your chin and brought your eyes to his.

Part three coming at you real soon!