Chapter 42- Revenge

"If we don't find Diam, we have 96 hours before Camelia disappears for good."  Sam, a former SEAL colleague of Stefan's informs the small group forming in his living room.    

Julien, Liam, Brett and a few highly trained operatives stand around the open space.  Stefan's living room was cluttered with several computer monitors, satellite gear, and the latest technology in covert surveillance equipment.  Sam sat in front of the one of the computers with Stefan hovering above his shoulder.  Camelia's handbag was placed aside with her belongings sprawled on a nearby table. 

"I included a transmitter, smaller than a grain of rice in her phone.  I need you to run the street footage from the last four hours and trace the phone, I can't get a strong signal.   The phone must have been shut off."  Stefan ordered in a deadpanned voice. 

His temper was contained and dangerously over the edge of combusting.

"Right on it."  Sam replies, typing at a astonishing speed and siphoning through the footage of Camelia's last transmitted location.  "Got it.  See here the guy wearing a leather jacket?"  He declares pointing to the miniature still image of a man's turned back.  "If you notice...wait let me zoom in...here we go, if you notice it's as if she feels someone watching her and looks back, quickening her strides."  He allows the image to run but at a slower pace than real life.  "Looks to me she was trying to lose him and gets cornered in the alley."

"The letter Camelia left is the exact location of your coordinates."  Liam supplied. 

"Right."  Sam responds.  "There's no cameras in that deserted street, the footage stops there.  You said she left her belongings in Liam's vehicle?" 

"Yes.  Everything is still there but her phone."  He responds.  "Again, It has a advanced undetectable transmitter embedded in the hardware.  Even if the phone is shut off it would be able to send out a signal.  Locate the phone.  Hopefully it'll give us a more accurate location if it hasn't been destroyed."  Stefan tells him, releasing a frustrating exhale and raking a hand through his thick hair. 

"Shouldn't be too hard.  Give me your phone.  I'd need to connect to the server to track it."  Sam answers swiveling in the chair he was seated on.  Stefan takes his phone from the back pocket of his jeans and hands it over to him.  Sam quickly retrieves some wires, taps a few keys on his keyboard and begins locating the transmitter.  "It'll be a few minutes before the computers can give us an accurate location." 

Stefan nods curtly trying to keep his hope and anticipation from consuming him.   He tries calming his inner turmoil but the fiery storm building inside him was shaking the very core of his being. 

He had to act composed; he had to get a hold of his emotions. 

He was spoiling for a fight, spoiling to get rid of the rage and confusion raging inside him.  This entire situation seemed like a nightmare out of a thriller, far too unexpected after the months of uncertainty and keeping the bastards after her from capturing her. 

They had to find Camelia, he wouldn't survive if he lost her again.  He'd been without her so long and now he was on the brink of losing complete control. All he cared about was finding her, holding her and never letting her go.

Stefan waits impatiently, his eyes darkening as he shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans. He needed answers and he needed them now before it was too late. He tried to not let his expectations rise, tried not to think about what Diam was doing to her or where he was taking her.