It's Gonna Be A Long Night

"Where did you meet him at again?" Marlena asked Mason as the two of them headed to Marlena's Jeep. They'd just finished eating dinner and Marlena was still more than curious about Mason's friend. It was frustrating for her not being able to read people the way she normally could, and it was even more frustrating that she couldn't read Kellan, though she wasn't sure why that was. He didn't seem like a bad person whatsoever. He was a very outgoing and a very nice boy from what Marlena could gather, but she had a strange feeling about him inside her that she couldn't seem to shake.

"He joined the team earlier this year," Mason answered her. He pulled the passenger's side door open for her and leaned against it. "He was new to the team and very few befriended him, so I stepped up to the plate. He's one of my best friends aside from Peter and Ned."

Marlena nodded in understanding and hopped into the passenger's seat. "He seems nice," she complimented him. Marlena still had yet to tell Mason about what it was going on with her and Wanda and their situation with Kellan. She didn't want Mason to feel as if she was being overly protective of him as she always had been, so the only one who knew about the situation was Bucky.

"He's really nice," Mason chuckled. "He loves everyone."

The sound of squeals and rushed footsteps caught the pair's attention. Marlena and Mason looked away from each other to see Jay and Charlie very hurriedly and excitedly making their way to the Jeep, while Bucky trailed behind them. A breath escaped Marlena as she watched them and she looked down at her watch. It was nearing 10 PM, and considering the fact that the twins had fallen asleep during the game earlier, there was a strong possibility they wouldn't be falling asleep anytime soon.

"They're gonna keep me up all night," Marlena murmured to Mason.

Mason chuckled and plucked Jay from the ground, while Charlie climbed onto her mother's lap inside the car. "They're not the only ones who're gonna keep you up tonight, and I do not give you permission to read my mind in order to figure out what that means," Mason told Marlena.

A confused expression fell upon Marlena's face at the sound of his words but the sound of Bucky's voice didn't allow her the chance to respond to her brother.

"Greyson and Wanda said they were going to meet us at the house for this 'afterparty' Greyson keeps talking about," Bucky said tiredly. Personally, all Bucky wanted to do was go home and go to sleep. Sure, he would love to spend time with his friends, but being a full-time father and husband was exhausting, despite how much he loved it.

"Where's Kellan at?" Marlena questioned as she noticed Kellan's absence.

Bucky shrugged and leaned against the side of the car. "Said he had a ride home," he answered.

The fact of it seemed strange to Marlena, but she refrained from speaking up about it.

"Mommy, are we gonna go home?" Charlie asked Marlena.

Marlena looked down at her and nodded. "Are you tired, sweetie?"

Charlie quickly shook her head in response, while Jay gave a verbal response.

"We wanna party with you guys," the young boy exclaimed happily.

Bucky merely groaned and ran a hand through his tousled brown hair, rounding the back of the car and heading to the driver's seat. The moment he got into the car, Marlena looked over at him. She could tell he was tired, but she also knew that he wouldn't do anything about it until later on in the night.

"Can we please go home?" Bucky asked rather grumpily. He let out a sigh and grabbed the keys from Marlena, very quickly starting the vehicle.

Marlena only huffed in response and looked back at Charlie, very gently gesturing her back down to the ground. "Let's get you buckled in so your grumpy father can go home and go to sleep. I don't feel like dealing with him tonight, and I know you guys don't either," the brunette remarked.