Chapter 2

For a while I just keep tapping my fingers against the table, looking around as if the place looks interesting. It's a little weird because I'm the one who asked for this. I'm the one who basically forced this girl into spending time with me, and now I'm not saying anything.

But she doesn't seem to mind; since we walked into the pizza place about five minutes ago, all she's done is look outside the window and pick at her nails. She doesn't mind that I'm wasting her time. Or if she does, she sure as hell is good at hiding that.

I don't know for how long I'd be able to just sit and do nothing though. I've already caught myself several times staring at her, and opening my mouth to say something but for some reason, I couldn't find the right words. I have so many questions, but my brain and tongue are still blocked by my state of shock.

"Ready to order?" I look up at the man I know all too well, given how many times I've come here since I moved, and for once I knew what to say.

"I'll have a capricciosa," I begin, and once again mentally cuss out the alcohol laws of America before continuing, "...and a coke."

Joel nods, writing down my order, before turning to Angel. "And for the lady..?"

I look at her as well, and I'm a little surprised to see her looking at me, her eyes a little narrowed. I can't name all of the things I'd do to know what's going through her head right now.

"Just a beer," She looks up at Joel and gives him a tight smile, which he doesn't respond to. He just keeps looking at her.

"I'm gonna have to see your ID," He says, and I'm again left a little surprised to see her unzipping her jacket a little and pulling out her ID. I haven't actually thought about how old she is, but so far I know she's over 21. So not only is she taller than me, she's also older than me. What an interesting night.

He nods once again after looking at the little square object for a couple of seconds, confirming my thoughts. This really is an interesting night.

"You're not going to eat?" I ask as Joel walks away, and she only shakes her head. I wouldn't either If I were her. "So," I start but glance over my shoulder to see if he's still near us, before turning to Angel again. "I'm guessing you're over 21?"

She blinks at me twice, her lips forming the smallest of smiles. "You're guessing right."

I nod slowly, "So it's not just a fake ID?"

Angel closes her eyes for a second too long, and I'm guessing that means my question is ridiculous. Which I am also starting to realize myself. "If you're implying that I look younger than my actual age, thank you."

A wide smile slowly spreads across my face; that is officially the longest sentence she'd said to me, and I'm afraid that it's going to stay that way. But for now I'm just enjoying the slight progress. "What is your actual age?"

She runs her tongue over her upper lip as she glances down at her hands, and then back up at me again. "A girl never tells."

I narrow my eyes at her, and study her features; before she pulled out her ID and revealed that she's older than twenty one, I thought we're the same age; she doesn't look a day over nineteen, hell, she could be even mistaken for a minor. Now I'm beginning to be a little scared of the correct answer to that. "Would it help if I told you how old I am?"

She tilts her head to the side as she watches me, "I don't see how that could help."

I'm a little taken aback by her answer, though I'm afraid I should be getting used to it. From when I first spoke to her twenty minutes ago, I knew she wasn't going to just spit everything out easily; I'm wondering if she's always like this.