Chapter 5

Yo. I've been on Christmas break so I have no excuse on why I haven't updated lmao.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chihiro p.o.v.

"So Chihiro," Rin starts "why are you back. I'm not complaining whatsoever but I mean....you get what I'm asking." She chuckles, rubbing the back of her neck as she stops searching for a uniform for a second.

"Well...the main reason I came back was to see if it was actually real. I was so small when I first came here so it's not like I could confirm it in my head that this was real life or imaginary. I just wanted to know for sure you know?" I explain myself. "But then once I saw Haku again..." I get quieter at the end, cutting my words off.

"Awww. You totally have a crush on Haku." She squeals. "You know, it's not very surprising. When you guys were with eachother in the past it was so noticeable. He probably still has a thing for you." She suggests, winking and nudging my arm with her shoulder.

Sighing, I watch her finally find a uniform that's my size.

"Well about that...Haku doesn't necessarily remember me." I say sadly. It pains me that he doesn't remember. He used to show such emotion towards me when I was here before, how could I just be forgotten.

"Here ya go," Rin says, handing me the clothing "but we're gonna have to fix that won't we. I'll definitely help you out, Chihiro. Haku is gonna remember you." She smiles.

Smiling softly in return, I nod my head and let my grin grow. Throwing myself onto Rin, I pull her into a hug.

"Thanks Rin. I hope he remembers eventually." I smile into the hug.

~time skip~

"Oh god I don't miss this." I say to myself, balancing myself on the rim of the tub that me and Rin had cleaned in the past, my hand on my hip. It's the tub that the river spirit bathed in so long ago and it's just as messy as it was before.

We ended up in this situation because most of the spirits that were here in the past remember me and they thought it'd be funny, again, to assign us this job.

While staring at the awful tub in disbelief, Rin is getting the bath tokens. Although most older spirits remember me, not all approve. They still were grossed out or disgusted by a human being in the bath house.

"I got the tokens!" I hear Rin say, arriving into the stall. Turning around I see her go to the spot on the wall that allows her to drop the tokens down to Kamaji. Once she does that, the shoot comes down and I walk across the rim to the end and pull the rope, a little bit of hot steamy water with soap suds comes pouring out, filling up about ankle deep into the bath. I can feel the steam against my face and I can't help but feel a little too warm in the uniform both Rin and I are wearing.

"Well let's get to work" Rin says, handing me a mop and sliding into the water.

Following suit, I begin scrubbing away at the grime and filth that has been built up over the time of who knows how many bath uses.

~time skip~

"That was awful." Rin says, walking along side me with a tray full of food.

We're currently going down to Kamaji to give him his food, and we're almost there.

"I forgot how dirty the baths get." I say, cringing at the recent memories.

We arrive to the little sliding door and I move it over, allowing Rin access into the boiler room.

"Who's there?" Kamaji asks, not bothering to turn around and look.

"Who else would be here. Eat up, ya old man." Rin chuckles, setting the tray down next to Kamaji and picking up the old one that has empty plates on it.