The Berry Tour

We took another plane home, which was pretty damn terrible, but it would have been worse without Sara there. She stayed pressed up against me and murmuring things into my ear and talking about how much fun she had seeing her home again. She had missed it, I could tell, but I think she was still a little relieved to go back to Seattle again.

                When we landed we got our bags and grabbed a taxi to take us home.

                Home.

                Sara must have been thinking something similar because she grabbed my hand and squeezed it gently. “Still wanna move in with me?”

                I smiled over at her. “With every fiber of my being.”

                A light blush crept along her cheeks. “Good.”

                “Which place would you like to stay at? I mean…which one should be ours?” I could feel my own blush rising now.

                She shrugged. “Mine’s bigger, but yours is closer to school.”

                Suddenly I remembered a lot of things about my place and I cringed a little. “We’ll stay at yours.”

                “Why mine?”

                “A lot of things have happened at mine. A lot of…people. I don’t want to stay there. It’s my past, and you’re my…” Future. “present. I want to focus on making our own memories, and not have us overshadowed by who I once was.”

                “We’ll get our own place then. Make our own memories in our own place.” She smiled and I couldn’t tear my eyes away from the green orbs.

                “Our own place.” I mused.

                “How does it sound?”

                I ran my thumb over her cheek. “Spectacular.” I leaned in to kiss her when Sara’s cheeks grew a deep red and she subtly pointed to the front seat where our cab driver was seated.

                I smiled a little and settled on kissing her cheek softly. It would do for now.

                It only took a few days for us to find a place. It was an apartment, slightly bigger than Sara’s place had been. A kitchen, living room, two bedrooms, and two bathrooms. One the was connected to the living room, and another that was attached to the master bedroom.

                I thought it was like most of the other places we’d been two, I didn’t care much for house shopping or whatever it was we did for those days, but Sara did. She enjoyed going around, finding what she liked about different places and what she didn’t.

                She didn’t stop smiling for an hour after we left this place, and despite her denial, I knew this was the one she wanted. She tried to say we should look some more, than we didn’t need this one, a whole bunch of things, but I knew.

                We moved out of our own places and moved into this one, quickly making it our home. In fact, I lived closer to Jan now than I did before which meant I didn’t only see her at the bar now, not that we stopped going. We had pictures hung up and we had our kitchen set up for everything we could need. My bed was smaller than hers, so we got rid of it and made the second bedroom and study for now, but she talked about making it her own mancave.