eighteen

After five days, Namjoon is back to normal. His chest isn't tight, and he doesn't feel sick anymore. He can breathe without wheezing, and his eyes aren't red and puffy. Namjoon felt much better, and for the first time in a long time, he was at ease.

Lately, Taehyung wasn't in the dorm as much. He would go to his classes, then meet with Jungkook, before coming back to the dorm to sleep or study during the night. Because he was gone most of the time, Namjoon spent most of the day alone, going to some classes and coming back to eat or nap. 

He would call Tsai once in a while, but they never made plans to meet. Tsai and Namjoon were constantly studying now because of midterms coming up, and although they loved hanging out with one another, they couldn't risk having any low grades. 

This didn't stop Tsai from sending Namjoon encouraging texts and reminders. 

It would be ten o' clock when Namjoon woke up, and he'd look at his phone to see his screen covered in notifications, indicating Tsai had be constantly texting him.

tsai kubo: morning, you egg! make sure you drink a lot of water today, and you eat a good breakfast.

tsai kubo: and don't forget to manage your time and energy, if you feel tired while studying, then stop and take a ten to fifteen minute nap 

tsai kubo: but knowing you, you might sleep for four hours, so instead, watch a movie or something else

tsai kubo: you're going to do great on your exams, Namjoon. I BELIEVE IN YOU. 

Each text made the smile on Namjoon's face grow a little bigger. He was more willing to seize the day instead of sleeping in for another hour or four. 

He took better notes in his classes, did interactive lessons online, and watched videos on the lesson. Tsai just seemed to have that affect on him. He noticed that his quiz scores got better, mostly because when he remembered how much Tsai was rooting for him, he'd instantly remember the information from his books. 

Around seven o' clock on Friday night, Namjoon was taking one of his study breaks, watching an episode of some weird show while eating some chocolate, when Tsai called him.

"Hey," Namjoon answered.

"Namjoon-ah, I want to get drunk." 

Namjoon scoffed, almost choking on a piece of chocolate. "What happened to saying hello, and why do you suddenly want to get drunk?" 

Tsai giggled over the phone, and said, "I was thinking about it earlier in class today, and now I actually want to. But, I don't want to get drunk alone." 

"Are you implying that you want to get drunk with me?" Namjoon asked, smirking a little bit. Maybe he could stretch the time of his studying break just a little.

"Who else would I get drunk with?" Tsai quipped, "Liu's working late tonight trying to get some more cash, and Taehyung probably has Jungkook's dick down his throat." 

"Tsai!"

"Am I wrong?" Namjoon could practically see the smirk on Tsai's lips right now. "Just for an hour or three, and then maybe when I'm sober enough, I'll leave and go back to my room."

"Maybe?" Namjoon repeated, "Are you saying there's a possibility that you're not going to leave my room?" 

"Would you like it if I didn't leave?" Tsai wondered.

Namjoon doesn't say anything for a moment, Tsai trapping him with one single question. He wouldn't mind if she stayed at all, but he didn't want to admit it, at least not right now. 

"Can you even handle alcohol? Have you ever even drank alcohol?" Namjoon avoided Tsai's previous question. 

"Of course not," Tsai replied, "which is another reason why I want to get drunk with you." 

"Because you want me to be a witness to you being shitfaced?" 

"No, because I know you haven't drank alcohol before either." 

Namjoon's eyes widened, before he shook his head and chuckled at the truth in front of him. He never drank in his life - he's never even attempted to take a sip from a can of beer. He didn't really have a reason to drink, if he had to be honest, but he blames not having any daring college friends who go out every night to the club and drink alcohol all night. Namjoon was never put in a position where he felt like he had to drink alcohol until now.

"When are you going to come over?" Namjoon asked, leaning back against the chair he was in.

"I already have all the drinks," Tsai admitted, "so I'll be there in about ten minutes."

"How did you know I was going to say yes to getting drunk with you?" 

"Since when have you ever said no to Tsai Kubo?" And with those final words for Namjoon to ponder on, Tsai hung up the phone. 

Am I that easy to read, Namjoon asked himself, as he closed his textbooks and put away his worksheets. There was no point in continuing to read when Tsai was on her way. 

After a minute of mentally preparing himself, Namjoon sent a message to Taehyung.

kim namjoon: stay at Jungkook's tonight, Tsai's coming over and we're getting drunk.

taetae: without me? :-(

Namjoon rolled his eyes before replying.

kim namjoon: go and get drunk with jungkook

taetae: not a bad idea, I've always wanted to have drunk sex

kim namjoon: you're honestly the most disgusting person I've ever met

taetae: :-(

Namjoon doesn't respond. Instead, he changes into a white T-Shirt covered in pink flamingos, and wears a pair of grey sweatpants from Taehyung's drawer. He brushed his teeth (he knew he had chocolate somewhere stuck between his teeth), and put on his glasses. 

His phone buzzed afterwards, and Namjoon went back to check the text message.

taetae: there's condoms in my shirt drawer, in the back left corner 

Namjoon scoffed. He was now taking the idea of kicking Taehyung out of the dorm very seriously. 

kim namjoon: thanks???

taetae: no problem, babe, always here to help :-)))