#16 - Christmas Special

11:58.

Two minutes, just two minutes. I was way too excited for christmas this year. I don't know why, I just was.

11:59.

One. More. Painful. Minute. By now I was squirming in my bed, just waiting for that last minute so I could sprint down to the christmas tree and open my presents.

A few seconds now. 8, 7, 6, 5, 4.

"3, 2, 1. MER-"

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!" Thomas screamed jolting up with the biggest grin ever. I slowly turned my head, narrowed my eyes and gave him a cold, hard glare for a solid 5 minutes.

"Um. That was so rude. You knew that I wanted to be the first one to say that!" I say, trying not to grin.

He just sat there staring at me. Suddenly out of nowhere he jumped from his position and tackled me to the bed. I tried to squirm out from under him, but he managed to pin my arms down with his hands, and straddled me to keep me in place.

His head hung low and I could see his mischievous grin and his chocolate eyes.

"Merry Christmas." He repeated.

"Merry Christmas." I reply.

"I hope Santa got everything on my list." He said letting go and sitting up straight. His eyebrows were close together as he studied the wall in thought. I used this as my chance to push him off, but accidentally shoved him off the bed.

"OW!"

"Ha ha! I am victorious!" I shout throwing my fists in the air. I am now on my knees looking down upon the lowly peasants of my kingdom, and by peasants I mean Thomas, and by kingdom I mean my 'king' size bed.

"Cheater." Tom grunted, slowly getting up and rubbing his now-sore head.

"Tut tut child or you'll be on the naughty list." I say jumping off the bed and skipping toward the door. Before I could reach it, an arm wrapped around my waist and turned me around to face a smiling Thomas Sangster. Again.

"I won't be the only one on the naughty list." He bit his lip before placing his lips to mine. If I wasn't mistaken, I feel as though his kisses were hungry and more passionate than before. But who am I to complain.

I pull away and hold him back by his shoulders. He looked more disappointed than I did, when he stole my line by saying 'Merry Christmas' before me.

"It is now officially Christmas day, and I would now officially like to open my present, that is now officially waiting for me under the official Christmas tree." I flash a smile and break Thomas's grip to run down the hall to finally open my present.

I got to the tree and observed the presents underneath. There were various colours and sizes, all different names too. From parents to grandparents, cousins, nieces, nephews, friends and family. I could only choose one of my many presents, because of my long lasting family tradition; and that was: 'At midnight, one present, and only one, may be permitted to be opened, and you may proceed to open the other gifts after 9am. However, if there happen to be more people in the house at the time, it must go in ascending order from youngest to oldest.'

(A/N: My fam actually do this btw.)

(Now would be good to play the song up above!😊)

I picked a small, but simple, gift from Thomas and excitedly sprinted back to the bedroom, past Tom (who was only just walking to the tree), and jumped onto the bed.

"Hey! Wait till I have my bloody present!"

"Ugh. Hurry up then." I roll my eyes.

As soon as he set foot in the room I squealed and started to carefully open the present. I was halfway through when I felt a dip in the bed from in front of me, indicating that Tommy had sat down. I briefly glanced at Tom as he sat cross-legged with a present in his lap.