Chapter 10 : Warmth

There was that annoying sound again. It really bugs me. It sounds like my damn alarm clock at home that I broke because I was annoyed with it. And now it's here and my hands are itching to smack it or throw it against the wall. But all I see is darkness. My body feels so numb. I don't even know if I'm in my own bed in the dorms for the bed I'm lying on and the mattress that covers me feels so foreign. 

I can't seem to open my eyes. I feel like I was in a dream that my body feels so light yet numb. I can't move. I willed my eye lids to open but I just struggled in vain. 

There was a warm object enclosing my right hand. Its so warm that it made me feel safe and loved. I want to grab it and never let it go. I want to move my fingers to hold it myself and I did. And so was the object. 

The same warmth touched my cheeks, caressing it softly. I want to hold it too just like the one that's on my hand. Then there's the soft voice like whisper that seems to be calling my name again and again. 

"Emily..Emily.."  the voice says.

It sounded like my mate Blake. Oh how I want to see him. Thinking about Blake encourage me to conquer this darkness that surrounds me. I want to see him. I want to see his face. hear his voice, touch him, and kiss him. I haven't even kissed him. I don't want to succumb to this darkness without even doing that. Giving all my strength to open my eye lids, I finally managed to pry it open. Slowly and gently. Bright white light obscure my vision at first but I grew dim as a shadow hovered above me. The shadow slowly hones and Blake's handsome face became came in focus.

He looks emaciated. There are dark circles under his eyes. His clothes are a bit wrinkled and looks like he hasn't taken a bath in days. There's a five o'clock shadow on his chin making him look a few years older than he actually is. His fascinating blue eyes are foggy. His skin tone is a bit pallid. He looks like someone died on him. I don't know maybe. He really does looks like a mess.

"Hey there Ems. How are you feeling?" Blake asked while gently caressing my cheeks. Now I know that his hands were the warmth that I have felt when I was insensible. I smiled at that. Thinking that Blake game me comfort made me love him more than I ever am. 

"I-I-I'm---," I wanted to answer him but my throat is a bit dry and hoarse. It sounded so raspy like dragging a wood in a rocky cement surface. I looked at the side table where there's a sparkling water is put. I pointed it out to Blake hoping that he'll understand me. Luckily, he did as he reached the side table and got the glass then he gave it to me. I gulped it down in just a few seconds feeling relieved when the cold water moisten my dry throat. I sighed in return. 

Finally able to talk. I handed the now empty glass of water to Blake and lay my hands on my lap. "Blake, what happened to me?". The worried look in his face made me rethink my questions. But before I can rephrase it or ask another one, he answered. "You blacked out. You just suddenly collapsed there at the kitchen counter. I began to panic because I don't know what to do. I try to wake you up but you won't. So I decided to bring you to the hospital,". The truth in his voice melted my heart. "I'm sorry if I made you worry, Blake. What did the doctor said on what happened to me?" I asked him. He paused for a while, thinking. then he replied, "They don't really know what made you lose your consciousness. They can't find anything wrong with you. So I called your parents."

"Oh." I all I can say to that but--"wait---what?" I can't really  make of what he said in the end of his sentence. "Can you repeat what you said?" He was out of it for a while but repeated his sentences. "I said that they don't really know what made you lose your consciousness and that they can't find anything wrong with you. So I called your parents from your phone."

I was appalled. He called my parents. He freaking called my parents for cake's sake! My father will be infuriated. He is so over protective of me. I know that he will immediately rush here just to check on me himself if I'm in good hands or if I'm fine. "Who answered and what did that person say to you?" What if that person said anything to Blake of me, of us being were wolves. What if he already knew? What will I do if he doesn't understand and accept me?

My hands began to get clammy and the hairs all over my body stood up and I'm having goose bumps. My father is a man to be reckoned with. He'a a scary person when he's angry but he can be loving and caring if he wants to. He only does that to a handful of people--I mean werewolves. I just know three. Me, my mother and my best friend. For the rest of the pack. He's a strict, great and righteous alpha. 

"Your father answered. He was the first number on your speed dial," Blake said. And hell my nightmares came true. "He just asked who I was and what hospital you were admitted. Then he hang up," 

Breath in Emily. Deep breaths. Inhale. Exhale. Your father might not get here immediately. You may still have time to check out from this stupid hospital and get back to your dorm and plan. But Blake called my father. Blake is a male. And my dad hates every males, human or were who interacts or gets close to me. He'll get mad and drive those males away.  So that means he'll scare Blake away. Blake my mate. This can't happen. Blake needs to get out from here if my father is coming. 

"Blake listen to me. My father hates every male that comes in contact with me. When he comes or ask of you. Please just go with my plan and back my story up ok?" he tilted his head like a curious little puppy. "If you don't he's gonna harm you or scare you away. So if he asks who you are, just tell him that you are my neighbor and you heard a crash, barged in to my room worried if something bad happened which is true and drove me to the hospital. ok?" Blake just nodded silently. 

"But for safety measures. You better leave before he---" and I was cut off before I finish my sentence for my dad just barged in through the door almost breaking it looking so furious that even I cower from fear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyaaaaaaaaaa... I'm very very sorry everyone if I can't update fast. I currently don't have a laptop or any computer available to me. I'm scared in updating from my phone because there was once an incident that my friend lost all her chapters because she updated from her phone. And I have the same phone from hers so I'm scared to lose all the chapters I have finished. 

When I buy a laptop next week or as early as I can. I promise you all that I will update fast. Maybe once a week or twice if possible. Please bear with me.

Sorry for the grammar errors.

I'M PLANNING ON ENTERING THIS STORY ON WATTY AWARDS SO PLEASE HELP ME BY VOTING AND COMMENTING ON THIS STORY. THANK YOU. YOUR HELP WILL BE PRETTY MUCH APPRECIATED. THE COMMENT THAT I THINK WILL BE THE GREATEST PER CHAPTER, I WILL DEDICATE A CHAPTER TO THAT USER. 

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT. THANK YOU!..

~Scyrenne