Chapter 2: A System Mistake

"Sky? I'm kinda tired. You wanna drive or should we pull over to sleep for a couple minutes?" I looked over at her when she didn't answer, she was fast asleep so I pulled over and took a five minute nap.

A high-pitched alarm went off in my ears, "What!?" I screamed, my arms swinging everywhere; hitting the intruder in the face.

"What was that for?" Sky sobered from her laugh. She could barely stop laughing for a few seconds before she went off again.

"Okay okay. Very funny. But never do that again." I looked her dead serious in her eyes but soon joined in the laughter. "Stop. I. Need. To. Drive." I breathed out during fits of laughter.

"You're crying!" Sky screamed as tears poured from my face from laughing too much which just made us laugh even more.

"I think we're tired," I giggled, "let's get home."

Sky stopped and almost looked upset, "Home. Sounds weird when you say it."

"Yeah... Well that's one way to make me less tired. Make me depressed while I drive so I stay focused but not to much that I need to cry cause then I just wanna sleep." I gave her a small smile. I started to pull away as Skylar's voice filled the car.

-

The whole being serious did not work. Sky knew what made me laugh in my dark ways so she used that against me, it worked overall and soon we arrived at our new home.

We were told to collect our keys in the lobby but when we got there the lady at the information desk told us something we were not expecting.

"Emilia Anderson. Here's your key. Room 521. And Skylar James. Room 421."  She said handing us the two different keys.

"Umm... We both got the same room?" I said scowling at the lady.

"Well all the rooms are filled. If your two roommates are happy to swop then I'm sure we can arrange something." She gave me a sarcastic smile.

Sky pulled me away from the lady silently thanking her, "Em, it's fine. Maybe the roommates we have had the same problem and would happily swop with us."

The optimistic side of her personality was starting to annoy me, "Did you do this?" I jingled the keys in front of the face, "Did you put the wrong number down?"

Sky looked hurt and I instantly regretted it, "I'm sorry, it must've been a system mistake or that bi - "

"No. Don't swear while you apologize." Sky looked at me and shrugged, "Be a little optimistic, please?"

"Let's just go." I linked my arm with hers and we went off to our separate rooms. Unfortunately, Skylar was 2 levels below me so I left her at my room to go see mine.

"I'll be back now." I hollered back and adventured towards my apartment.

When I opened the door it was completely empty and I thought that I didn't have a roommate. My sliver of optimism thought that maybe Sky could come live with me after all.

That was until a guy stepped out, of what I'm assuming was the bathroom, wearing nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist and a toothbrush hanging from his mouth. I looked him up and down, not ashamed. He was HOT. He raised an eyebrow up at me and I stepped forward trying to look confident. My heels made me eye level with his nose so I tilted my chin slightly and greeted him sticking my hand out, "Emilia Anderson."

He started looking me up and down, a smirk growing on his face. And for the first time in a very long time, I felt self-conscience under a man's stare. The men that looked at me at the mall or when I was running were old and creepy which made me feel uncomfortable, but this boy almost made me tug my jacket closer towards my body until he lifted up a finger telling me to wait.

He came back without his toothbrush but still just the towel, "If you give me a hand to shake, I'm going to drop this." He gestures towards the towel clinging onto his body. So I did what another girl probably wouldn't do. I put my hand out daring him to do what he just said. His deep laugh echoed around me.

"Hunter Maddox." He said and then turned away.

Please comment and vote xx