Chapter 5: I Brought You Home

I woke up to a loud bang on my door, "You awake, sweetheart?"

I slid out of my bed and opened my door to find Hunter leaning against the doorframe.

"I am now." I grumbled.

"Good morning to you too." He laughed.

"What do you want?"

"I want to take you for a tour around campus."

"Why?"

"Flaunt someone new on my arm."

I slammed my door but he grabbed it before it closed completely, "Joke, sweetheart."

I glared at him, "We leave in half an hour."

I closed the door completely and started to get ready. I wore a black skirt and a white crop top with my trusty black leather jacket and heels. When I walked out Hunter was waiting for me.

He looked me up and down, "I thought you don't want some, sweetheart." I mocked him.

He smirked and grabbed his keys, "We're taking my car."

-

The campus was rather busy considering it was still holidays.

"The professors and older students start earlier." Hunter read my thoughts.

We continued walking in silence, Hunter pointing out where all my classes would be and where a few of his main classes would be, "Incase you need me." He had said.

"How long have you been here?" I asked surprised as he was able to point out where each building was and a few professor-looking people even greeted him.

"I'm 21. You figure that out yourself." He laughed.

"What's your major?" He didn't answer me, "Well mine is English."

He laughed, "Bad girl likes fantasies?"

"Absolutely. I'm a complete nerd actually."

He laughed again, "Sweetheart, you're hilarious."

I stopped and glared at him but he kept on walking so I walked back to him.

"What does that mean?"

"You're not an English major."

"Why would I lie?"

He stopped laughing and stared at me, "Oh, you're not joking."

I stood in front of him preventing him from going anywhere further, "Does it look like I am?"

"Sweetheart, your face is a joke."

"Oh you son of a -"

I stopped myself when someone said my name, "Em?" I turned around to face my dad.

"Dad! Hi! I didn't think I'd see you yet." I hugged him awkwardly.

"Mr Anderson." Hunter nodded his head in my dad's direction.

"Mr Maddox. How are you? Been doing the research for your upcoming project I hope?" My dad laughed.

I squinted my eyes between the two. My dad was a biology professor which must have meant that Hunter was a...

"You're a biology major?" I turned to face Hunter.

"And the assistant English professor." He smiled. My eyes widened.

"Em?" Dad interrupted again.

"Yes, dad?"

"You've met Mr Maddox, then?"

"Yip." I smiled innocently.

"He's honestly a great boy. Nearly got his first A in my class last year," My dad bragged on behalf of him.

"Please sir, you're a great teacher."

He was such a suck up.

"So you two, umm..." My dad cleared his throat, "you know. Dating?"

"Dad! I've literally been here for 2 weeks!?"

"Well sir, if I had know she was your daughter I would have asked for your permission to take her out first." Hunter started.

"Hunter," Dad laughed calling him by his name for the first time, "You know you would've gotten my permission."

The two of them laughed and then my dad spoke again, "You know, you two should come for dinner tomorrow. I wanted to tell Em something but I think it would be great if you came too."

"Is everything okay, dad?"

"Great! So you'll be there?" Dad asked, he was practically begging with his eyes.

"Of course, sir." Hunter agreed

"But dad we're not -"

"I can't wait. I'll phone Jade now." And off my dad went.

I turned glaring at Hunter, "Why would you do that? We're not dating?"

"True, so let's go now."

"What? Where?"

"On our first date." He said in a duh tone.

"No."

"Ouch. You should have majored in rejection. You'd be top of your class. I know you want to so let's just make this easy and go."

"Hunter, I'm not going on a date with you."

"You leave me no choice." And before I knew it he threw me over his shoulder.
If I wasn't so angry with him, I would have appreciated how strong he was.

"Hunter Maddox! You put me down right this instance!" I screamed.

"Sweetheart, you did this to yourself."

I hit him hard on his back, "I'm wearing a skirt you dipshit."

He laughed at the name and stopped walking, "I don't want anyone else to see that. So I'll make a deal with you. Go on a date with me or I'll just carry you there."

"So I don't have a say in this?"

"Nope."

"Fine," I huffed and Hunter slowly put me down.

"No wonder you don't bring girls home. No one should be asked out like this."

He looked over at me, raising an eyebrow, "I brought you home."

Please comment and vote xx