Chapter 28: Accidental Roommates

"Hunter?" I asked popping my head in the his room then the bathroom, calling him each time I was in a new room. The phone started ringing so I answered that before looking where Hunter went.

"Hello?" I answered

"Hi Emilia Anderson? I'm calling regarding your apartment. I heard we mixed up your numbers?"

"Yes...?"

"Well, I have some good news for you then. We've got an available room for you and your friend if you want it."

"Oh that's great! Thank you for letting me know. I'll get back to you soon. I'm sure we'll take it." Sky and I could finally live together.

"I must just warn you however, the apartment is in one of the other complexes, on the opposite side of where you're staying right now."

"Oh ok. Thank you for calling."

I put down the phone and continued to look for Hunt. I'd have to tell him the news as well.

When I got to the kitchen there was a small note stuck on the fridge:

Morning sweetheart

Your dad called to thank you for the wedding gift. I'm helping Eng professor with a few assignments. Call me if you need me.

Hunt

I picked up my phone and took a picture and sent it to Sky. Then I called Hunter.

"Everything alright sweetheart?"

"Hunt, I need to speak to you."

"Okay... Are you fine?" He asked worried.

"Can I come to your office?"

"Sure. I'll see you soon."

-

I arrived at Hunter's office within a few minutes wanting to get the conversation out of the way.

"Hunter?" I knocked on the door.

"Emilia." He said rushing towards me, "Are you okay? You sounded serious?"

"Do you wanna walk to get coffee?" I pointed to his office door. I hated it when Hunter called me by my full name, it meant he was serious.

"No. What's wrong?" Hunter asked leaning back against his desk.

"A lady from the apartment complexes called me today and she told me there's an open apartment."

"Okay.. So you wanna move?" Hunter asked frowning.

"Yes."

"But?" Hunter uncrossed his arms and rested them on the desk behind him.

I closed my eyes, "The apartment would be for Skylar and I."

Hunter nodded, understanding where I was going, "Well I'm not stopping you?"

"That's it?" I asked almost upset.