The Perfect Present: Part One

Happy Holidays, everyone! I hope you enjoy these special Christmas chapters :) The other part will be uploaded on Christmas. I had to split it up into two parts since it was just too long. Anyways, I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season. And, here you go!

The Perfect Present: Part One

Alec

"I'm lost." Isabelle shook her head as she looked at me again. "You need me to do what?"

"Izzy," I pleaded. "I've already told you six times!" She crossed her arms and glared at me as I continued. "I just need you to find a group of carolers."

"But why Alec? I think you've kept that part out. That's the part I'm lost on. Why exactly do you need carolers, of all things? What's it for?"

I looked down. "I can't tell you," I mumbled. She gave me a look full of fire. "Fine," I caved. I hesitated for a second. "It's... It's for Magnus."

"Bane?" She asked, and her temperamental attitude seemed to vanish. "I knew it, Alec! Have you told anyone else yet?"

I groaned, immediately regretting my decision to tell her. "There's nothing to tell anyone, Izzy." I shrugged. "We kissed, that's it. I left his apartment afterward and we didn't really do much else." I thought for a second. "He made me eggs."

"Irrelevant," she rolled her eyes. "I heard he's a great kisser. True?" She raised an eyebrow and smirked.

"Ugh," I sighed and covered my face with my hands. I knew I was probably blushing. "I guess,' I told her. "It's not like I have anything to compare it to." I crossed my arms. "But yeah, I think he's pretty good."

Izzy stood up and pushed in her chair. I invited her to get pizza with me in between classes. We were on winter break, but since our parents were on vacation in Paris, we didn't have anywhere else to go besides the campus.

"I'm not going to find you carolers, Alec," she told me as she put on her coat. I stood up and threw a few dollar bills on the table. "Magnus is good for you, I think," she said. "But you don't need to get him anything big to show him that you care. I've seen the way he looks at you. He's not going anywhere, trust me," she smiled and zipped up her black faux fur parka.

"Thanks, but that's not going to help me at all," I frowned as I shrugged on my military-style green coat. "I still don't know what to get him."

She put her hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry. You'll figure it out. I promise." I shrugged we both began walking out the door into the frigid winter air. Snow covered every inch of the place. Luckily, the sidewalk was clear. We started walking back to the dorms.

"How are you and Jace?" she asked me, though she already knew the answer. Jace had been giving me the silent treatment ever since Magnus had picked me up to go to the club. I was pretty sure he had said exactly three words to me since then. He usually just stayed at Izzy's place.

With Clary.

"Nothing has changed," I sighed, shoving my hands deep into my pockets. "He still hates my guts."

"Alec," Izzy spoke. "He doesn't hate you."

I rolled my eyes. "He hasn't talked to me in a week. I know he can hold a grudge, but this feels different." I looked at her. "Has he said anything to you since then?"

Izzy shrugged. "Nothing, really. He did start venting about how he feels replaced by Magnus after that happened." We turned and walked through the doorway to the building. "He obviously doesn't know he doesn't need to be friend jealous."