The Weasel and the Dragon

"Weasley is our King!
Weasley is our King!!
He always lets the Quaffle in,
Weasley is our King!!!

Weasley cannot save a thing,
He cannot block a single ring,
That's why Slytherins all sing:
WEASLEY IS OUR KING!!!

It was Quidditch season in Hogwarts and the first match was one week away with Slytherin playing against Gryffindor.

Ron was walking along the corridor, returning from the Heads Dorms. Harry was the Head Boy now and Ron was back to being the Chosen One's side-kick. He was heading towards the Gryffindor common room, when he heard the Slytherins chanting away. He felt nauseated everytime he heard that song. So he turned away from the direction of the voices and started to walk away, to take an alternative route.

Malfoy had donated a whole bunch of Thunderbolt 3's to the Slytherin Quidditch team. The Gryffindors did have their Nimbus 3000s, donated by the Ministry, to all Houses, after the Battle of Hogwarts as part of the rebuilding fund, but the Thunderbolt 3 outclassed them by miles.

That broom should be outlawed, Ron thought, wishing the Thunderbolt never existed.

While he was cursing Malfoy to bits, inside his head, he failed to notice that the song had grown considerably louder.

"Oh look, it's our Weasel King!" a sneering voice called out, "Let's hail our King, mates!!"

"Weasley is our King!! Weasley is our King!!..." the voices chanted in response.

Ron's ears were red with rage. Enough to match his fiery red hair. He turned around to hex the owner of the voice, he knew to be Draco Malfoy's.

But Draco was too quick for him. He dodged the hex with grace and another with a shield of such force that Ron was thrown back.

"Think your so good at Quidditch just because you got better brooms, Malfoy?  Heh.. Bet you won't be so cocky without that broom of yours", Ron spat out every syllable, getting back to his feet.

"Really Weasel?" Malfoy spoke in his usual aristocratic drawl, "You want me to bet my broom that I can win against you?"

"Sure. Or are you scared?" Ron taunted.

"Ooooooooooooh... " sneered the Slytherin team.

Malfoy raised an eyebrow and gave them a deathly stare, that was enough to shut them up.

"And what will you bet in case you lose Weasel? Dont tell me you're betting your trashy broom? Even my house elves use a better broom to clean my house!!" he sneered.

At this, the Slytherins roared in laughter. Ron's ears went red again, but this time out of embarrassment.

"Fine!! I will bet whatever you want Malfoy! You name your prize!" cried Ron.

"Fine then, I want a date with your girlfriend", Malfoy smirked. The Slytherins had gone deathly silent.

"What the hell did you just say?" screamed Ron, lunging for his throat, which he neatly dodged. "How dare you?!!"

"Getting testy are we? Scared you'll lose Weasel King? The King of Gryffindor losers??" said Malfoy roaring with laughter.

The Slytherins were still staring at each other. They knew there was a storm coming, and Malfoy's laugh was just the first thunder.

Ron was now out of his mind, with anger waiting to blow up his head. "Of course not ferret! I'm in!!" he spat arrogantly.

"But how do I know you'll keep your deal Weasel?" Malfoy continued to drawl, though he was itching to hex Ron for calling him ferret, "After all you're a looooser"

"How do I know you'll keep yours ferret?" Ron spat back.

"Fine then, we'll make an Unbreakable Vow. Zabini will be our Bonder", Malfoy declared, casually holding out his hand, as if Unbreakable Vows were a daily thing for him. Zabini was stunned with the added shock at the mention of his name, but on receiving the Malfoy-death-glare, he stepped forward with his wand out.

"Sure, ferret", spat Ron clasping Malfoy's hand.

"You first Weasel", Malfoy drawled casually.

"Do you Draco Malfoy, swear to give away your broom Thunderbolt 3, permanently and without sabotaging it in any way, to me, Ronald Weasley, if Slytherin loses to Gryffindor in the first match of the season?"

"I swear", said Malfoy in his casual drawl, as a thin wire of light coiled around their hands, and continued, "Do you Ronald Weasley, swear to make your present girlfriend, Hermione Granger, go out on a date with me, Draco Malfoy, if Gryffindor loses to Slytherin in the first match of the season?"

"I swear", declared Ron, as another thin wire of light coiled around their hands.