Undercover

Eric followed me inside and slammed the door closed, making me jump.

"How am I going to help you if you won't tell me what happened?"

I pulled strands of my hair behind my ears and took a deep breath, "Marcello had two guys take me from the hotel and loaded me in the trunk of a car, then they drove me to his mansion. Marcello told me about Alecia and in anger, he choked me. Then he threatened my life."

"How'd you get out?" his voice stern.

"He stuffed me in a closet and I crawled out from a vent."

He shook his head, "The only instruction I gave you was to not leave the suite and that's exactly what you did."

"Where did you go when you left?"

"I was walking around to let off some steam! Not wandering in the arms of a heartbroken lunatic!"

I felt a little light headed, "I'm going to the bathroom."

Going up the stairs and to Eric's room, I lied down the bed taking a minute to myself.

I looked at my tan shirt which I was currently hating, due to the exposure of my bruised skin.

I began to rummage through his drawers. I'm sure he wouldn't mine me using one of his shirts.

I found nothing but white button ups.

During my short investigation, I noticed a small, black squared box. It immediately caught my attention.

I took it out of the piles of clothes that was hiding it, and pried it open.

My air felt as if it was cut off.

Was this Alecia's ring?

Why did he still have this? Why did he even want it to begin with?

I heard commotion from the living room and stored the container in my backpack.

I still need to think it through. I couldn't just give it to Marcello like that. I mean, the dude tried to kill me!

Leaving everything as it was, Santiago's voice boasted in the living room, "You're not going to believe what I just found!"

I walked to the hallway and peeked my head out the corner to see the living room.

Santiago began to scatter his gadgets all over the coffee table.

"What is it?" Eric walked to the technological mess.

"Listen to this call I found on Marcello's log." he pressed a gadget and it began to play.

" Hello?

A pretty girl like you isn't safe alone in these streets, my streets. Pay close attention to what I'm about to say.

I think you have the wrong number.

Eric took something that belongs to me. And I want it back.

I don't know anything about his business deals or anything of that sort!

Is that so? It'd be a shame to hurt your dear mother. Poor thing, you've left her alone, with no one to protect her.

Don't touch her!

Easy there, I won't hurt her. As long as you give me what I want.

I told you I don't know anything about his deals! Please just leave me and my mom alone."

Eric was pacing back and forth in stress. He took a deep breath and pointed to Santiago, "Find me a flight ticket to San Francisco. He's not going to leave her alone until I do something about it. I'm leaving the ring here, so keep an eye on it."

Santiago typed faster than a robot, "Found one. Tomorrow at noon?"

"Buy it. Oh and, one seat only." Eric scurried towards the stairs and I silently ran back to his bedroom.

I lied down on the bed and pretended to nap.

Eric hesitated in walking in, but I got up once I heard him nearby.

"Hey, bad news. I forgot I had a business deal tomorrow." he shrugged.

I nodded in assurance, though he lied straight to my face.

"Where at?"

"Oh in..," he paused in thought, "Chicago."

What a liar. He was real bad at it too.

"Well, you'll be missed." I smiled leaning toward him for a kiss.

**

Was I going to let him go alone? Not necessarily.

I bought a plane ticket the same day, except mine flew in the morning. It gave me time to roam around the airport and watch movies.

I on the other hand, was a great liar. I decided to wait around and then follow him to Marcello's since I don't remember where it was. The ring was stuffed deeply in my purse, away from plain sight.

I don't really know how my mom let me go back to San Fransisco, but somehow, I managed.

Currently, I was in the middle of Dim and Gray. It was a romantic comedy which had me laugh every minute.

One of the gates was just recently opened, and tired passengers fled out.

I stored my stuff in the small luggage I brought, and threw my beanie and sunglasses on.

Danica was now undercover.

I caught Eric walking towards the baggage claim, and I trailed closely behind him. Luckily, my disguise was so convincing that he didn't noticed it was me.

He was receiving a call, and so he answered, "Did you find Marcello's address? Great. Send it to me."

He hung up shortly afterwards and I had to act like any other spy and blend in.

Once he left the airport, and got in a taxi, I jumped in the nearest taxi and yelled out, "Follow that cab!"

They might've thought I was crazy but, I wasn't going to let this travel to go waste just by not keeping up with him.

Eric was dropped off at the mansion I remembered so vividly.

After a minute or two, the cab dropped me off as well. I took a deep breath staring at the dangerous castle nearly an acre away.

Here goes nothing.