20

Previously on Pure Happiness

"You don't know what I did," Stefan said to her as tears continued to pool in his eyes.

"Yeah, I do. You did it to save your brother, like you always do. You'll be okay. They'll forgive you," she said into his shoulder.

~~~

"Shouldn't he be up by now?" Beth questioned, referring to the unconscious werewolf on Stefan's back.

"He took quite the beating before you were able to talk the information out of him, so no," Klaus said as they all continued walking on one of the Smoky Mountains trails that lead to the werewolves' campsite. "Speaking of Ray, you okay there, Stefan? Is Ray getting heavy?"

"I'm fine," the vampire grumbled and went back to his silence.

"You sure about that? You know we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit down," Klaus started but was interrupting by the vampire.

"You know, I get that we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great," Stefan cut him off.

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend," Klaus mocked.

"Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer," Stefan complained.

"Well, looks like the hunt is over," Beth said to them as they all turned to look at the campsite of werewolves preparing for the full moon.

Stefan then entered the camp before throwing Ray unto the ground to grab the attention of the camp.

"Ray! Oh my god," A woman yelled worriedly, rushing over to him immediately. "What's going on? Who are you two?"

"The more important question is who am I," Klaus started as he joined the two with a devious smirk on his face, "Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

"You're the hybrid," she breathed out, with fear lacing her words.

"You've heard of me. Fantastic." The werewolves made no move towards the smirking hybrid instead stayed still staring at the man. "It's fascinating, actually... a werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid," Klaus mused right before Ray finally awoke. "Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic."

Beth was quick to move towards the werewolf but stopped when the woman from before yelled, "Get away from him!"

"Let her," Ray groaned out, perplexing all of his pack with his words. When he uttered this, Beth kneeled down next to him looking into his brown eyes.

"What's happening to me?" He asked the strawberry blonde, softly.

"You're in transition," Beth explained before standing once again.

"Are any of you human? You're friend needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die," Stefan announced as he looked around the camp. But the question was a mere formality because they were all aware of which the human.