Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Sam

Today was the day that Cameron is leaving. We were standing outside of the packhouse and was wishing Cameron a safe trip, well I was. I don't know about Xander though.

"Well, I'll be back in a few days. Don't have too much fun without me," Cameron winked before getting on the truck that his Beta drove here.

I waved Cameron goodbye before he and the rest of his men drove away. I sighed before leaning against Xander.

"Thank God he's gone. I don't know if I would have been able to stand another minute of him flirting with you like that," Xander grumbled.

I looked at him and saw a scowl painted on his face. I giggled a little before getting out of his arms and making my way inside the packhouse, Xander following behind me muttering about Cameron. I ignored him and went inside the kitchen to get something to eat. I've been extra hungry these past few days, having to get up at twelve in the morning just to get something to eat.

I had a suspicion of what's causing this, but I'm afraid to find out. Not with the war that's coming.

"Sam," I heard Xander call out.

I turned around to face him. He looked calm with no emotions on his face.

"My parents want to have dinner with us tonight. We're going to their house at six in the evening, so be ready." Xander told me, his eyes watching my every move.

I felt my stomach drop, and I'm not sure if it was because of the hunger I'm feeling or what Xander just told me. I looked emotionless outside, but inside I was panicking.

"Sure," I told him before returning my attention back to the fridge.

A few minutes later, I felt arms wrap around my waist, making me shiver in pleasure. I turned around to come face to face with my mate.

"I feel like something bad is about to happen, but I wouldn't let that stop us from having fun and spending time together," Xander said, planting a kiss on my nose.

My wolf howled in delight before trying to fight me for control in order to be with her mate. I pushed her back as hard as I could, but it was no use. She managed to overpower me before taking control of my body.

"Oh? Fun, you say. If you want to have some fun, then you'll have to follow me upstairs then," my wolf said planting a kiss on Xander's lips before going up the stairs and into our bedroom. I watched the scene unfold before me.

My wolf locked the door of our bedroom before stripping down and entering the bathroom. I could hear footsteps making its way to the bedroom before the knob started turning, the person outside trying to unlock the door.

My wolf let out a hearty chuckle before entering the shower. I heard something cracking before I heard the door of our bedroom break down. My eyes widened, but my wolf completely ignored the crash. I heard heavy footsteps making their way here and the sound of clothes ripping before the bathroom door came down with a heavy crash as well.

My wolf was facing the wall as she touched our body with soap. Xander let out a growl before I felt his presence behind me. He stuffed his nose in the crook of my neck before I felt his tongue licking my mark. We moaned as Xander continued his assault on my neck.

"Oh, fun is what we'll be doing. Fun, indeed," he said before turning me around to face him and capturing my lips in a hungry kiss.

*-*-*-*

I was standing in front of the mirror, assessing the marks that Xander left on my body. It looked like he had his fun alright. I sighed, looks like I'm going to have to cover them all up before the dinner with his parents.

I went inside the closet and decided to wear black skinny jeans, white long sleeve, and put a leather jacket over it. I wore black flats and decided to leave my hair down.

I looked at my reflection once more and smiled in approval. I went downstairs to where Xander was waiting and saw him talking to someone on the phone. He didn't seem to hear me coming down the stairs as he was too busy talking to the person on the other end.

I stood behind him and wrapped my arms around his body. That seemed to snap him out of his work mode. He turned around to look at me before hanging up the phone that he held in his large hand.

"You look beautiful," Xander said, his eyes raking over my whole body. I blushed and pressed my face on his chest so that he couldn't see my flaming cheeks.

"Are you ready?" he asked in that deep voice of his. I looked up to face him before nodding my head. He gave me a smile before taking my hand in his. My hand looked small in his big one. I looked at our feet as it led us to the woods. Xander decided that we would walk to his parents' house seeing as it was only a ten-minute walk from our house.

I looked at the leaves as we stepped on them, making a 'crunching' sound. The woods were peaceful and everything was at peace. But, what I didn't know was that that peaceful moment wouldn't last long. I could feel it deep within me, my wolf was feeling uneasy, and everything was a big blur.

"Hey, you okay?" I heard Xander's voice ask.

I looked up at him, staring blankly at him. I shook my head to clear my thoughts and nodded at him, trying to force myself to smile at him as to not worry him.

Everything will be alright, I hope.

__________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, want to know what happens next on My Alpha Mate? You can check it out on Inkitt for free! (It's ad free too!)

Click on my bio, follow the steps, and you're al done :)

Happy reading!

~Bianca