Twelve

She watched the boy get yelled at, she wanted the boy get laughed at.

It broke her heart. She knew that girl was trouble and when he didn't believe her she should've tried harder. He knows she was right, she's usually always right.

Now she sits near the back of the dinning hall, by herself with a book in her hand. You can her the girl called Leta yell at the boy, telling him to rid of his case.

He would never. The case is apart of him at this point, his whole life is inside that case.

Sometimes that boy makes dumb decisions but he would always fix them. He had always been a fixer.
Didn't matter the problem you had, he'd mange to fix it. She loved how he was always there for her, she needed him and she was there.

She did the same for him as well.

She remembers that day when he had found out that a creature from his mothers farm was taken and killed for some project a old woman was working on. He had called her over to the library and she was there within seconds. He'd been crying quietly in a dark corner of the room hugging his legs and shaking.

That was the first time she saw him cry.

She hated seeing him like that, the world didn't deserve the tears he shed.

He only deserves to be happy and with that Leta girl, he never would be.

She looks at the boy from the corner of her eye, she doesn't want him to catch her staring - that would be embarrassing.

To her surprise the boy was staring at her, a small smile danced on his lips as he adored the girl from afar.

A smile that matched his formed on the girls  face. Maybe he does think about her like he used too.

Maybe there is a chance for them again.