Christmas Eve [Ksimon]

Here's a little festive One Shot I wrote at 4am on Christmas morning. Merry Christmas everyone and thank you so much for supporting my writing this year! I hope you all have a wonderful day ☺

Simon is feeling unwell at Christmas and JJ looks after him. JJ has loved Simon for so long and would do anything to tell Simon how he feels, but he doesn't want to ruin both their friendship, and Christmas.

Word Count: 1859

~✖~

Christmas.

It was Olajide Olatunji's absolute favourite time of the year. The way the lights lit up the usually dreary houses, almost giving them life. The tacky and far too over-the-top Christmas jumpers and hot chocolate. The way the weather got colder and people acted warmer. It was a wonderful time of year. His favourite time of year.

Today was Christmas Eve. Josh and Vik had driven home to be with their families for Christmas. Usually Simon would have gone to spend Christmas his family too, but he had fallen sick just the day before he was supposed to leave. JJ, not having plans to head home, promised the older boy that he would take care of him.

JJ loved Simon more than anything. He didn't always feel like this - well he had, but he just thought it was nothing. It wasn't until last Christmas he realized he truly loved Simon Minter.

JJ had just been sitting on the couch with Seana and he remembers that Love Actually was playing on the TV. Simon walked into the Sidemen house after spending most of the day with his family, just like he always did, and it just clicked. The way JJ felt his heart speed up at the sight of him and the way Simon's smile made him feel like he was on top of the world. All of the tiny feelings he was fighting off finally made sense. It affected JJ so greatly that he could no longer deny his feelings. That the tiny swarm in his chest wasn't just excitement. No, it was so much more.

Yet reality came crashing back down the moment Seana had greeted Simon. He knew all too well what he had to do, but he couldn't deny that he cared greatly for Seana. Yet he couldn't stay with her if he didn't love her. He thought he had, but apparently his heart had other plans for him. Plans that lead him towards the blue-eyed boy that he had fallen deeply in love with unknowingly.

A few weeks later, Seana ended up doing JJ a favour. She had come to him a few weeks later speaking of differences in their relationship. How he had been distancing himself. He was pushing her away and she couldn't handle being isolated from him. She said that it was just too much for her to handle, and she called their relationship off. JJ was upset, but he knew it was for the best. He could never love her like he loved Simon.

He thought long and hard about Simon and if he should ever tell him how he felt. JJ was scared. He was so incredibly scared to admit to Simon that he loved him. Actually loved him. He didn't want Simon to think it was a joke, or to be creeped out by his confession of feelings. JJ had to try, he couldn't just let the only person he truly loved slip through his tiny fingers. But he wasn't going to do it today - not on such a happy occasion. He didn't want to ruin Christmas for Simon. He would never forgive himself if he did that.

JJ climbed the stairs to Simon's room to check on him. He had been feeling sick since Tuesday and JJ had volunteered to look after him over Christmas. When he was stood outside Simon's bedroom, he gently pushed the door open and took a small step inside. Simon stirred. His eyelids fluttered open and his arms slowly came down to his stomach. JJ watched in awe as Simon's tired eyes lazily flickered around the room and landed on JJ. A lazy smile curved on the older boy's face and he sat up on his elbows. "How are you feeling, Si?" JJ asked softly.

Simon yawned a bit and sat up fully. "Much better actually." Simon yawned as he stretched out his arms. JJ couldn't help but smile.

"I'll make us some hot chocolate, and then we can watch some cheesy Christmas movie, yeah?" JJ offered. He glanced over to Simon, who just simply smiled and nodded.