The God of Truth

"All of me" by John Legend
**********************

SIGYN

"For the love of the god's woman, I am not an infant." Loki groaned one afternoon, three full weeks after his brutal thrashing. "For heaven's sake, I do not only need to eat stewed foods." He grumbled.

During the initial days after sustaining his ghastly injuries, Loki found himself confined to his bed. He only mustered the strength to rise when visiting his children or attending to personal needs. Sigyn, deeply moved by his suffering and motivated by her affection for him, remained steadfastly by his side whenever possible. It pained her to see him endure such agony, especially when it was borne out of his desire to demonstrate his love for her.

As Loki gradually recuperated, his restlessness grew, and he yearned to break free from the confines of his bedroom. Sigyn raised an eyebrow as she handed him a bowl of stewed carrots, kidney beans, flame-grilled chicken, and potatoes. Loki grimaced. "Tis not that I do not deeply appreciate the affection you have been displaying, but this is going incredibly too far..."
"Mashing your food is too far, and yet, you held no qualms over my undressing you the night before," Sigyn challenged coolly, sending him a reproachful stare.

Loki grinned mischievously as he stretched himself. "You make it sound so very scandalous. I merely allowed you to assist me in taking off my robes. I cannot help if you enjoyed what you saw." He winked.
The young maiden had to work to resist blushing. "You are impossible, has anyone ever told you such a thing?"
"You my dear, quite frequently. Although, I dare say you tell me such things in order to compensate for the very fact that you love me anyway."
Sigyn softly winced, hearing him once again talk of their love as casually as an Asgardian would breathe on a daily basis. It was so easy for him. By the gods, that was one of the many things she truly loved about him. Loki had no regrets for receiving a horrifically violent beating for him to prove his love...

It was Sigyn's eyes watering with tears that had Loki pulling his still-recovering body off the nearby bed to come to her. "Darling, if you are truly that adamant on mashing my food, I was only gaming, you can do it..."

"You are an idiot," Sigyn muttered, closing her eyes sadly. "That is not why I am tearful."
"How could you be in tears? Instead of with my moronic brother's family, you get to spend time with your favorite god of mischief." He grinned.

Sigyn's bottom lip trembled. "You are in such a broken body condition because of me..."
"No..." Loki murmured, instantly pulling her against him before his arms wrapped around her in a hug. "I am in this state of being because I chose to finally become a man and stand up against my asinine bastard of a father." He hugged her closer to his cool chest. "Never blame yourself for my actions, do you understand...?"

For weeks, Loki had harbored a strong desire to kiss Sigyn. The night she discovered him, he had tenderly kissed her neck, but since then, she had not permitted him to touch her with his lips again. The timing felt off; he appeared so sickly and broken. Now, as Loki observed her intently, Sigyn sensed that he would attempt to kiss her once more. Just as she dared to entertain the thought, he leaned forward. "We cannot," Sigyn cautioned sorrowfully, shaking her blonde head before averting her gaze. "Why ever not?" Loki wondered aloud, looking quite perplexed.
"Tis wrong."

"I am not married, and you are neither married nor committed. We love each other, and I vow to marry you before the years' end..." he trailed off before light fear sat behind his eyes. "You no longer wish to be with me..." he said in realization, his shoulders lightly slumping. "I...I understand, truly I do."

"No, I do not think you understand what I am implying."
Loki closed his eyes and heaved a heavy sigh. "I understand why you would not wish to be with me, but I need you to leave at once," he said sadly. "I only desire to hold you close to me when I see you upset..."

Sigyn silenced his quiet monologuing by approaching him and placing a steady kiss against his lips. She kissed him deeply, feeling the coldness of his mouth, before eventually pulling away, leaving Loki with a dazed but enthusiastic look in his eye. When she withdrew, both wore light smiles. "You daft fool. I cannot kiss you, for I fear I will never stop once I start," she muttered, pressing her forehead against his clothed collarbone.
Loki chuckled as he re-grabbed her for a close hug. "Is that so, darling...? Are you insinuating you would try to take advantage of me in my wounded state?"
Sigyn laughed while hugging him back. Her arms wrapped around him tightly. "No, tis only inappropriate to kiss you."

"You are the love of my immortal life; nothing is inappropriate about this," he murmured, pressing his cool lips against hers as he slowly moved them in a gentle caress. Sigyn found she did not quite care what was wrong or right. Actually kissing him was so much better than her year-old memories of the last time their lips touched. Soon, their soft kisses increased tempo as his lips moved to her neck and her hands fluttered underneath his shirt to touch his abs beneath the fabric. "I knew you relished seeing me undressed..." Loki muttered, causing Sigyn to chuckle before kissing him.

"You can be quite annoying when you speak."
He pressed Sigyn closer as she started working to remove his shirt. She hastily -yet clumsily- removed the fabric, only satisfied once Loki's bare chest was showing from her handiwork. She gently rubbed the now-yellowing bruises that decorated his cold chest. "Then you should keep your mouth on mine, so I cannot be so vexing," he murmured before pressing his lips against hers once more.