Chapter Five: Impact

**
By Friday, I attended my interview and was offered an office space at Rodham PR.

I should be happy. Having my own office space to put my shit in and being somewhere 'official' is something to hoot and holler about. But lately, my spirits haven't been easily lifted.

I watched the interview Sebastian did last week this afternoon. And after that broadcast, the media was ballistic about Garrett apparently giving the journal away. Garrett's representatives have been quiet, and that's what scares me. But to think, if I hadn't quit, I most likely would have been putting out a statement on Garrett's behalf. Funny how life works.

Paul and Beth came over an hour after the airing of the interview. They claimed that it was just a surprise visit, but I know that they're worried about me because of Sebastian and I's fallout, and they also know that I'm stressed out of my mind.

"So how did the interview go?" Beth asks, sitting on the couch with a bowl of chips in her hand.

I give her a warning look; she knows how I feel about eating messy foods on my couch. "It went fine. I got the position."

Paul and Beth are ecstatic, but quickly wonder why I'm not feeling the same way.

"Bitch, that's great!" Paul exclaims. "Why aren't you happy?"

"I am."

"No, you're not."

The playfulness in Paul's blue eyes is enough to make me end my façade.

"I'm just...I have a lot on my plate and I don't have the time to just be happy about everything, you know?"

They're worried. And whenever they're worried about me, I know some stupid idea is going to come into their heads. And like clockwork, Beth shoots up from the couch with the widest smile on her face.

"Let's go out tonight!" she shouts excitedly. "A celebratory evening out for you getting the position."

Okay, I admit, that isn't a dumb idea. Dinner out sounds nice, after all. Or a movie. God, when's the last time I've gone to a movie?

"That sounds nice," I reply. "Dinner and a movie?"

Beth laughs, "No, no! Like out-out."

I frown. "Like...clubbing?"

"Yes!" Paul screams at the top of his lungs before dancing against my dining room table. My first thought is a big fat 'no.' Why? Because everyone who knows me even slightly knows that I'm the last person who would want to go out clubbing. Even the mere thought gives me heartburn.

"Beth, do you know the last time I've been clubbing?"

"The stone age?" she says jokingly.

"Exactly. So that's proof enough that I'm not the clubbing type."

"Oh, come on! You've been working your ass off and it's obvious you need something to take the stress off. Plus, you got a position at a firm. That's something to celebrate."

"And I can celebrate here with 'Say Yes to the Dress' reruns, popcorn, and Pedro's company."

Pedro doesn't even look up from his spot on the couch.

Paul scoffs and stands by my side, barely able to contain himself. "Look, look. I have a friend named Patty who is really close to the bouncer at club Pandora. She can get us in easy with front-of-the-line-access."

"Paul, that isn't necessary—"

"She just replied," he smiles cheekily and jumps around. "She says she's in!"