Six: Girl

Before I sit back down next to Park, I put the 'Grinch' on and refill our bowl of popcorn. Me and Park had watched about a dozen Christmas movies threw out the rest of the day and it was now hitting six.

Today has been one of the best days of my life -and it's all thanks to Park. I would of been sulking in my apartment – alone – about loosing my job. I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I hadn't realised that Park has paused the movie till he cleared his throat. "So, are you going to tell me what's wrong?"

Well, I do need someone to rant to... I think.

I sigh in defeat. "IlostmyjobbecauseI'mnothappyenoughandIwanttobeanauthorbuthavwnogoodwrittingmaterial." I say without pausing.

Park blinks with amusement twinkling in his eyes and a small smirk forming on his lips. "You know, I don't speak gibberish, or whatever that was, so you might want to repeat that," Park raises his eyebrows, "But slower this time."

I let out a deep breath before telling Park everything. About how I lost my job, about how I want to be an author but have a constant writer block. However, I did not tell him about my family. That topic was too private and sensitive. "I think I should just do something else in my life," I say, when i was finished with my long speech about how much my life sucked. "Do you think your boss would take on someone else?"

Park shakes his head, a frown on his face and his sparkling blue eyes wide. "You can't just give up on your dream."

I sigh. "I'm not giving up.. I'm just choosing a different career path."

"No, you're giving up."

"I'm really no-"

"Yes you are."

"No, I'm-"

"Giving up. Yes, we've established that."

"NO-"

"LA LA LA, I'M NOT LISTENING!" Park sings with his fingers in his ears.

I look at him in shock but then remember that this is Park were talking about, and in the short time I'd known him, he was unpredictable and like a little child. He reminded me of Cole, in the sense that he was like a modern century lost boy. Never wanting to grow up, and even if they did grow taller and stronger, in their minds they remained the same. Sometimes I wished I could be like that and not think about the consequences of my actions, forget all of my responsibilities and what was expected of me. but I couldn't. I was just too uptight. "Are you being serious right now?"

When Park sees my mouth move he takes hid fingers out of his ears and tips his head to one side. "Sorry, did you say something? I couldn't hear you." Park still had a small smile on his lips because, well, just because! He was Park and almost never frowned.

"Ha ha ha! Very funny Park." I say sarcastically, "Now put the film back on."

He smirks at me but obeys while saying, "Anything for you, my lady. After all, if not here to serve your royal highness, what else am I here for. I am your humble servant."

I put a fake frown on my face. "No, you are not my servant. Servants get paid. You don't, meaning you're more like a slave."

Park laughs at me. "You're something else." I hear him mumble. I turn away from the tv to find him munching on some popcorn and watching what looked like, the movie. However his eyes were glazed over, leading me to believe he was in deep thought.

~

Park had went home late that night and had told me that he'd see me tomorrow. I couldn't wait to go to the coffee shop as I was bored out of my mind, as a result of loosing my job and having nothing to do inside my small apartment.

When it hit three, I put on my coat and boots and made my way to where Park worked. I could of gone earlier but I didn't want to seem desperate. Plus, Park had work to do – even if the coffee shop was almost always empty.

The bell chimed, declaring my a rival. A boy with disheveled hair came rushing behind the counter and looking around the shop before his blue orbs landed on me. Park.

He had a huge grin on his face and so did I. I couldn't help but be happy to see him. He truly was a beacon of light in my dark, lonely life.

"Hey!" Park said waving me over.

"Hi." I laughed moving over to him. Once I was a thew feet away, Park pulled me closer and wrapped his arms around me. I was tense at first but slowly wrapped my arms around him as well.

"Alright, love birds, step away from eachother. No PDA aloud on the job, Park." A voice said which caused me and Park to separate.

"Come on, Jade! No ones even here!" whinned Park at the female waitor who had served me numerous times.

Jade rolled her eyes. "Well atleast get your girlfriend her coffee and waffle." she said before walking back behind the counter.

I thought about correcting her and say how Park wasn't my boyfriend, but she was long gone by then.

"So, you want your usual?" Park says, pushing her out of her thoughts.

"Duh!"

Park chuckled at me and I couldn't help my smile widen when I heard him laugh.

God he'd be the end of me.

------/-/-/-/-/------

Hey my nonexistent readers!
Anyways, onto a less depressing note... I am making a whole series called the "Love series". Yeah, pretty cliche, I know...

I am already planning my second book and I can't wait to publish it. Just had to say that because if I didn't, I'd burst!